Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put an ad up not long ago about leasing a horse - a lady emailed me today saying that she has a filly that she's wanting to lease to someone because she's pregnant and can't work with Milly anymore. So I emailed her back asking some questions and she was more then happy to answer any questions.

Milly's a 18 month old filly about 14.2 hands high and isn't fully grown yet, she's not broken in, but is very placid/quiet she doesn't bite or kick people, she's been worked with a lot, but needs more work, and to be broken into the saddle.

She rang me after a lot of emailing back and forth and she said I could go and look at Milly today, and decide if I want to lease her and so I did! I spent a few good hours there, I was lunging Milly, as well as just leading her around and then I had to come home 'cause it was getting dark. There was a few other horses there too, the ladies sister has a beautiful show horse and he was so cute. The lady also has another horse named "Pumpkin" and she's beautiful but blind in one eye, she can still be ridden, but not much. And another 3-4 horses, I think a few were another ladies who owns the property the horses are on and one of them was rescued from a slaughter place! :(

Milly will be staying on the same property, I will be paying for everything, the lady doesn't want to separate Milly and Pumpkin because they're the best of friends, they literally glued together, it's so cute, lol.

I'm going back there on the weekend to do more work with Milly (she needs a lot of ground work), and I get to ride her other horse Pumpkin too.

Milly

Attachments

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
here's some more photos of Milly and Pumpkin

Milly when she was a bit younger

Milly when she was 10 months old

Pumpkin (blind in one eye) and Milly

Pumpkin

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Sounds like you will all benefit.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No, it's a 4-6 year lease, BUT when the lease is finished, if it does, I'm still aloud to go and ride Milly and take her to pony club/competitions and etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.