Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short. Yesterday I had to go and meet a guy to pick up what I THOUGHT and was told 3 budgies, but there's actually 4.

My mum refused to let him come here, so I had to go and meet him up the road. Anyway, I thought he was dropping them off by car, but he was actually riding a bike.. WHAT?! I asked where the budgies are and he said "in my bag" yes, he had the 4 budgies in his bag, no box or anything. They were so hot and panting like mad, so I had to walk home quick with them, gave them a tiny mist, and gave them plenty of water. There's 2 males, and 2 females from what I can tell.

They were being kept in a laundry.. covered, and not let out or interacted with. Their food and water was changed every 2-3 days, but of course, it was a seed-only diet. They were too noisy (hence them being covered) and the door was always closed so they weren't "annoying" them.

And I am most certainly quarantining them. ;)

Photos:

Avery - pronounced "AY-vree" (my brothers picked the name for this little one)

Kero

Wingli

Zora

·
Registered
212 Posts
how awful! Even a box would have been better! gawd, i wonder what he's doing with the cage they lived in? i hope not buying other birds!

Kudos to you for adopting them!

·
Registered
502 Posts
Very cute birds. :biggrin5: Thank you for rescuing them from what would have been a disastrous life. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
182 Posts
They look pretty healthy considering how they were in a bag. They could of died in there. I wonder how big the cage was. That is so sad. Good for you for taking care of them and they are very nice looking budgies.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.