Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks like my flock has increased to seven!!! Just when I thought I was finished!!!

My daughter called yesterday, and advised that a friend of hers has to move, and needs someone to take a pair of Zebra Finches. They were headed for a rescue, so it looks like I'm taking them. Gillian has just picked them up, and I shall be getting them from her in the next few days. It's an eight hour drive return, so I have to have good weather.

Apparently, they've already bred, but not successfully. I'd say chances of babies are high. :yikes:Hubby has offered to build an indoor aviary...a smallish one, but it will be great for them!

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
great news :D good job you got hold of them

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Great news! I really want to breed Zebra Finches sometime in the near future.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm heading to my daughter's tomorrow to pick them up. I'll be back on Friday. Their names are Tweeters and Beeps, but I'm re-christening them Stanley and Piper. Hubby has offered to build an indoor aviary, if (maybe I should say when) they breed. Apparently they've already bred, unsuccessfully, so I suppose it's just a matter of time. I didn't expect to be as excited as I am about getting them....:giggle:

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
:congr8:I'm glad for all of you.
Also, I'm glad you have seven total, and if you find a friend for Levi, you will have 8. That makes me not so crazy. :whistle:

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nanay, we're not crazy...just a little different from most! :giggle:
Hubby made a comment yesterday, about the aviary being able to hold more birds...Geez! I don't know what's up with him!!!:shrug:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.