Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
When I let my birds out of their cage, often times they'll venture through each other's cages. Jasper was in Kiki's flight, and they were perching next to each other when Jasper put his foot on Kiki. The only time I've seen anything like that were when I've seen birds mate. I'm not sure if Jasper has a certain interest in Kiki or what. He also tried preening her and chirping at her. She would snap at him and he would run away, then come back and do the same thing. I got it on video a few times, and after I did I separated them to make sure Kiki wouldn't hurt him. I'm uploading the video now, and I'll post a link to it in a few. Anybody have any idea what's happening? :giggle:

Here is the video: [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1jIkXOq6rI"]YouTube - Jasper and Kiki[/nomedia]

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
That is from what I've seen most likely to be a mating behavior. My Chewee does it to the budgies :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! I don't know why Kiki was so sleepy in this! But that's what I assumed, something to do with mating. I just didn't know if it was normal between these different species!
I'm also curious as to why Jasper will do that to Kiki after knowing each other for very little time, when he has not done that at all to Lola or Celia (the other budgies).

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Thanks! I don't know why Kiki was so sleepy in this! But that's what I assumed, something to do with mating. I just didn't know if it was normal between these different species!
I'm also curious as to why Jasper will do that to Kiki after knowing each other for very little time, when he has not done that at all to Lola or Celia (the other budgies).
Maybe Jasper likes her pretty colors. ;)

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Hehe hard to get xD Chewee didn't care about the beautiful colours of Flash, he just went for the budgies xD

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It makes sense! He never gives up. :lol:

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Hahaha! Silly birdies

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If Jasper wants to mate, he should mate with Minnie. Minnie's in the mood! ;)

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
I swear I made a budgie-tiel once xD a cockatiel in a mixed aviary did it with a budgie. That cockatiel was laying eggs and there was such a weird chick that hatched out xD

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What?!
I had a dream last night that Jasper and Celia had eggs together but they didn't want them so Minnie started taking care of them. :p

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Haha that's odd! And yeah it was a bit weird... It didn't last though :/

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have a lot of dreams. And most are about birds or TalkParrots.
I remember a few nights ago I dreamed I ordered a Congo African Grey online, but they got the order wrong and sent me a Timneh instead.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
I'd still be happy with the timneh xD

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I like African Greys in general, I'd just prefer a Congo. ;)

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
I was looking for a timneh when I got Ashlynn, who is a congo. Her personality stole my heart. They had a great timneh, but another lady beat me to her, :smash: lol. I love Ashlynn now and wouldn't trade her for a timneh, but I still think they are cute.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.