Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Minnie seems to be acting very jumpy today. This is the first day in a while that she is willing to come out of her cage and be away from her six unfertalized eggs, and I've brought her and Kiki downstairs to eat and play. (I do this often.) She seems to be very jumpy and weird today, and I can't figure out why. She's not very interested in me, she is being easily startled, she's running around and just looks nervous. I'm not sure if it's because she's away from her eggs, or if it's hormones. For a few days we had a male cockatiel stay with us because his owners did not have power for a while. He was in a seperate cage on top of Minnie's for the two days he was here. The only time they were together was during the first day he wad here, and I tried to introduce them. They didn't seem to get along, so I put them both away. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. He's gone now. So I'm not sure why Minnie is acting like this. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Maybe it just scared her a little bit. I gave Joey a good check over the other day and he isn't very forgiving of me grabbing him with a towel. He's okay but he's more jumpy. Maybe seeing him was a bit threatening for her

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After further observation of Minnie, I'm starting to think she is, well...masturbating, or trying to mate. She is constantly running around, leaning forward, and oddly lifting up her tail. I'm not sure if this is because Kiki is around, or just because her hormones are going wild, or both. She still appears a bit jumpy.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Actually Abby you could be right there!

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
She is such a weirdo! :p

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Hehe! Does she ever go for the toys?

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
She had this one rope toy that I ended up giving to Kiki that she liked to "hang out" with. She was doing it all over my laptop. (I've got a video of her doing that, think I should post it on YouTube?)

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
I don't think you did....

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm sorry, I don't get what you mean?

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
I don't think you uploaded it to youtube xD unless you did and I went past it :lol:

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh, I asked if you think I should.
But it's uploading now, so I'll let you know when it's done.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Oh... sorry silly me :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's uploaded!
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSNdawfajGA"]YouTube - Minnie the Weirdo[/nomedia]

I've also got a different one of her 'masturbating' in the corner of her cage that I have yet to upload.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
HAHAHAHAH! She really is a weirdo!

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I told you! She is so desperate! :lol:
I've just noticed you can hear Pokemon in the background of the video...

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
no I muted it because Joe was yet again shouting at Minnie XD

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hahaha! Silly Joe.
Maybe he'll make babies with her? ;)

·
Premium Member