Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two perfectly good HQ flight cages, one for Angelina, my Parrotlet, and one for Libby, my Conure. I also have a 20x20 HQ cage I use as Libby's sleeping cage.

But no, I'm not satisfied! I just ordered this cage for Libby in black/gray. It's the same size as her HQ flight cage, which will now be her sleeping cage. I think I'll love having that great big door in front (has a little door in the middle of it), and the seed catcher skirt.

This bird thing is a sickness!!!!! :eek:

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
its a nice cage! cant ever spoil them too much, right :D

·
Registered
662 Posts
I have wanted that cage for a long time! It is so nice to be able to break down for cleaning! Now you have empty cages, that's bad, real bad. The next thing you know you have a new birdie! Happens to me all the time. :biggrin5:

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
The Brute Squad, I was going to say exactly the same thing. I have tons of spare cages and all I ever do is try and buy more birds to go in them haha :lol: I just can't seem to help it.

Anyways, Jo Anne, it's a really nice cage!

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
i had an emty cage and all i wanted was to get another bird so one day when i was at school my dad soldit .

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
awh Solo that sucks. Nobody would dare sell one of mine :rofl:

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, everyone! Libby's cage should be shipped today -- can't wait til it arrives and I can start decorating!

NOOOOO, I've GOT to sell the spare cage asap!! Don't tempt me! Two birds and three dogs and one husband are enough animals for me!!!! LOL!

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wouldn't like that either, Solo! Did he at least give you the money he got for the cage????

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good for you!

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, I can forget about this idea! The cage I ordered is out of stock, everywhere, in all colors, and that model has been discontinued!! BUMMER!!

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, hopefully, I've found another one, the same model and color I want -- a little bit more $$$ (of course). Now I wait to see if they actually HAVE one!

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Awh nooo that's awful if you don't get it :(

·
Registered
68 Posts
So were you able to order it? I hope so. Looks great. I am a cage and play gym freak. Got a wonderful play gym from BirdGymsRUs.com and have a nice one from Dr. Foster Smith, and have a little Acrobird one that I can take room to room and I got a java stand so they have lots of different places to hang out. Want to see your new cage once you get it decorated.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Is that a Marvelous brand cage?

·
Registered
662 Posts
Yes they are Marvelous cages. I have never seen, oops sorry I did see one in store, it was octagonal. beautiful construction, and colors. I hope you find one Jo Anne!

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks, everyone! Apparently that model is discontinued. I've been searching off and on all day today -- the "wants" are hard to stop. I wanted a slightly bigger cage than Libby's HQ and I wanted a BIG door and a seed catcher apron.

WELL, this cost a bunch more $$$ than I started out wanting to spend -- doesn't it always? Here's a link to the cage I'm getting:
http://www.bird-supplies.net/conure-castle.htm I ordered one in Plantinum (light gray). This one has a lot of features I like, it's not a lot bigger than the HQ, but will have more interior room for Libby.

I sure hope THIS order goes through! And that some day, the pain of the price will fade away!!

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I GIVE UP! I was just advised by a friend that A&E cages have zinc and lead in their paint, so now I've had to cancel THAT order. Unfortunately, they're closed until Monday, so will have to call them then.

POOP! I'm going to bed!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.