Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I might not post for a while , my mom is fliping out coz she thinks that every one who is on a forum is a pervert or a some one who is a child trafficker and it doesn't help that I have never met any of you in person and this is nothing against you guys my mom is just over protective and we live in SA so crime is bad which makes it worse. She also doesn't get the whole bird thing she has gone as far as wanting to send me to therapy because I like birds she thinks I've gone mad and that I'm going to be a spinster. So she thinks you guys are oddballs. Sorry will update when I can and I will apologize for my mom as well

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
It's okay, she's just being a mom. We understand that. :)

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Awww that sucks. We're all nice normal bird lovers! I hope you get to come back on soon

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
We hope to see you later when it is ok. Take care of yourself.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
We understand. Come back when you can! (I really am a 65 year old retired lady in Missouri!)

·
Registered
339 Posts
(Everyone thinks we're oddballs :D)

Don't worry about, shes just being a mom :) Hope you can post again soon.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Yes she is just being a mum. But there are alot of dangers for young people on the internet. Also dangers for older people.

I am a 59 year old female disabled pensioner from Australia.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I might still be allowed to post my dad is trying to tell my mom that its ok if I post so you never know maby it will be ok :)

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
That's good then :)

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Solo,
Don't know if you are still able to get on this site or not, but if you are, invite your parents to read it, too. I am a 52 year old teacher of students who are blind or visually impaired or deaf or hearing impaired or both, and I have a ten year old daughter as well as two grown sons.
The fear for me of young ones posting on here is not those of us who actually post, though. Anyone on the Internet can read these posts at any time.
Enjoy your birds and your wonderful, caring parents.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Awww that's too bad. Although I understand, I'm a protective parent, I do believe if you're the grown up sort of speak, you'll be ok. Don't share personal info, address etc.

I am a 40yr old mom of 3 kids, married & work in the accounting field. Truth! :)

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
My parents used to be like that. Now they don't care, they know I'm more responsible. Hopefully things go over well with them.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
im back mom is ok agin my dad talked to her about it so its alll cool:biggrin5:

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Great! Welcome back!

Maybe she could read some of the threads and see that we're just all about birds -- sharing, learning and looking at pics of course!

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Welcome back!

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Welcome back, Solo. :biggrin5:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.