Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I need some urgent help. My female budgie Kiwi who was sick with scaly mites 3 years ago is I believ dying. When she had the mites she lost her nails and her beak became scissor like. I bought Scatt-the wonder drug and she was herself again. This past year she bore some beautiful and healthy chicks for me. Then she stopped as she was molting and was doing fine until a couple of day ago when I noticed her scissor beak had grown and she couldn't stand on her perch. She would fall off. She ate a good supper last night-couscous seed sprouts and veggies. However, last night she managed to get into her nest and seemed paralised or having seizures. She hasn't eaten all day either. Her eyes seem crusty and she can't see very well. A breeder told me to give her as much human calcium as she will take(which is difficult due to her deformed beak) and she will recover in 3 days. She thinks it's calcium deficiency and said that 9/10 of her hens that have done this, have recovered. Can someone please tell me if they've experienced this and what it could be? Please and thank you.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I can't help...but I'll bump it up for you. Hopefully someone will comment....

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
I'm sorry, Mir. I know nothing about this. I hope she feels better soon.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
I have no idea what to say, I hope everything turns out well

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Unfortunately, Kiwi has passed away. She only lasted until the next day. I held her for a while and then later when I checked on her, she was gone. I cried bitterly as she was suffering so much and I felt useless to help her. I prayed that God would take her, so she wouldn't suffer any longer and He did. She's at peace now and I immediately felt a weight lifted as I couldn't see her suffer another second.

·
Registered
993 Posts
oh im so sorry she passed on you musta loved all alot RIP little Kiwi, fly free pretty bird

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Awh I'm very sorry to hear this. Fly free little one

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.