Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I was thinking about making my own jungle gym and was wondering could I use a live lemon tree, I know lemon trees are safe for birds, and that theres a passibility the tree could die because of the bird chewing on it, but I was just wondering if thatd be okay to do?

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
I THINK that will be fine. I've never known anybody have problems like that so I dunno

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
I think PeggyB, a user on the Linnie Forum, has real banana trees for her birds. I can't be positive, but you could look on the Linnie Forum at her posts if you wish.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Would possibly be ok but just make sure it is not one of the varieties that has really large thorns. I have a Lemonade Tree and it has really big ones. I have to be so careful when picking the lemons. From memory what we called Common Lemons also have large thorns. I think the Eureka has none.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oooh darn about the thorns ill check it out, I moved out of the country I was going to use an apple branch but now I dont know where to get one specially because its not pruning season yet

Lol a banana tree imagine that

·
Registered
887 Posts
My Banana trees are way too big for an aviary and they grown so quickly. Apart from the fact that I want the bananas. They are really going to be necessary soon to as Australia has just lost 95% of it's banana crop with Cyclone Yasi. So the cost of Bananas is going to go through the roof.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ohh geez thats way too bad, wand wow you have banana trees thats amazing, dont see those around canada

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Perhaps I just think they are banana tress. :shrug:

I've been wrong before.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
I like the idea. Wish I knew a good type to try here, but I have a brown thumb. :(

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well all go check the trees I know theres lime trees and key lime trees sooo maybe one of those wouldnt have thorns

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.