Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry i dont know if i put this in the right place.
ok so im so so worried because my little monster cousins are coming to stay for 2 weeks with thier mom and they are real brats, so im worried about solo because he is not very tolarant of little people and so he bites. i told my mom that during these 2weeks no one but me is to hold solo but i know my mom, as soon as i turn my back she is going to let the little monsters hold him and they are rough so solo will bite and im scared they fling him and hurt him they are 6 and 8 but their mom has no control.

i was wondering if any one had any advice that could carm my nerves ?
thanx

·
Registered
993 Posts
I would put solo in your room and lock the door while your gone, and explain to your mom how important it is that no one touch him

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I agree! Little brats!

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my door has no lock:rolleyes: but i will put solo in my room :) and ill try be around as much as possible because its school holidays

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Put up a sign saying DON'T TOUCH ME OR BOTHER ME OR ANYTHING ELSE XD

·
Registered
623 Posts
Tell the monsters that your bird has a terrible flesh eating illness that can be passed on to people. Especially naughty little kids. ( or something to that effect) Good luck hon, i can relate to that! Except i don't live with my mom any more and my husband knows i am the bird boss! ;)

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Just explain to them that birds BITE. Solo WILL bite them if they poke at her. And birds have beaks strong enough to bite little fingers off. Do you have any scars on your hands/arms? Tell them that Solo did it :giggle: That usually works wonders at the pet shop, their eyes get all wide and they quick stuff their little hands behind their back, especially if I offer a bird an almond or something and let the bird break it after showing them that it's too strong for them to break with their hands. "Feel this? Feel how strong it is, you cant break it? Watch this... now, that could be your fingers. Still want to poke the birdy?"

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks guys for the advice it made laugh:lol:, i have scars on my fingers that really are from solo:rolleyes: . jenny if your idea does not work i am totally going with shellys idea :giggle:

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Can you buy a little padlock and lock the door to the bird cage?? That way you keep the key and no one can remove the bird but you... also means they cannot accidentally set your bird free... good luck .

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
solo is clipped due to the fact that hazard to himself and is never in his cage so he quite used to being free :giggle: he knows every room in the house backwards his fav place in the house is on the burgler bars on the window in my mom and dads room because there is always sun there

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.