Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh my goodness is this not an amazing bird? I went to meet this new baby at a friends house. She just got him about a week ago. It is one ball of blue fluff and the most loving thing on earth. I got so many tongue kisses. He also weighed a ton it felt like. Never handled such a huge monster before. I would love to have one of these one day but the price is just not even ever going to happen :((((
I have two sons in college at the moment and that is where our money is going. No way i could buy a bird at this price. But oh well it was fun to play with him.

Attachments

· Registered
1,058 Posts
Wow, they're beautiful. Personally, it's way too much bird for me, even if I could afford it.....it's like having a pet pterodactyl :)

Reactions: carolz

· Registered
1,616 Posts
pretty bird. but yeah every time i have seen one they were 10k or so. plus once when unknowingly standing next to one, it almost burst my ear drum, lol.

· Premium Member
17,691 Posts
Beautiful! I love the true blue macaws. I've been lucky enough to see the Lear's macaws in person. I will someday have a pair of a hyacinth macaws, I don't care what I have to do to get the money but I am hoping to breed :lol:

Reactions: carolz

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Once you have a macaw it is like nothing else in this world. She has several unique and rare breeds. This guy is only 5 years old. Most people that own hyacinth will tell you they are the most unique and mellow birds. Not too destructive which one would think would be the opposite. And noise level not that bad also. Macaws just like any other bird will have there vocal times. am and pm for a bit and then things mellow down. Amazing birds but of course the most expensive of all. But we can dream right, lol

· Registered
62 Posts
Love for large birds , Is strong , especially if they are older than you , Cocky is now 58, Sweetie is 30+. & Mo is an unknown quantity .. possibly 4-5 [ Hormones are raging this Summer]

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.