Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haha if only I had £1350 in my pocket and the cage itself is like £600! :(

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He was lovely, but then he just switched. I think the manager had taken him home for a bit to let Molly the U2 come back into the store. Both birds were sweet, went to her place and came back a nightmare. He used to let me play with him really nice and stuff and then suddenly he bit, growled (not the nice macaw grunty thing like purring) and freaked out if you came near him :(

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Two by Two at Merry Hill.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Two by Two at Merry Hill.
I hate that shop lol. The amount of times I have complained about them in there. I supose at least some of the birds actually have toys in their cages now though.

I pity the poor Hahns they had in their last time I went in, they have been there for the best part of a year if not longer :(

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know they have :( I went and saw them today. They really don't have good toys. The macaw has two now, one which has been there since he has been and he's broken it completely so I don't see how they haven't replaced it

·
Registered
562 Posts
I know they have :( I went and saw them today. They really don't have good toys. The macaw has two now, one which has been there since he has been and he's broken it completely so I don't see how they haven't replaced it

Would love to get that shop shut down from selling animals, nothing ever seems to have the correct diet, i have never seen fresh foods in there for anything, plus the prices are stupid, canaries at £40+, zebra finches were £21ish and they can't sex anything, they actually had a cage of chesnut planked zebra finches once and I pointed it it was chestnut flanked white while what they actually had in there were fawns, they just looked at me like I was an idiot.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
I think the management at the store just need a kick up the backside to improve things, but the store I don't want it shut down. We don't have enough of this type of stores in the West Midlands and I like to go in and have a sneaky peak now and again :D

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I just go in to have a look and buy toys. They don't know anything. They had a tank full of hatchling turtles and they just have 'tropical turtle' wrote on them. Not which species or anything. They sell baby corn snakes for like 80 when they're only about 10 from a breeder!

·
Registered
562 Posts
Went in today, had to explain to two members of staff what an undershot beak was and then had to point out which of their budgies had and it and she kept saying there was nothing to be done so then I explained the treatment. Then she decided she was going to clip his beak, god I dispair poor birdy.

Only ever bought one bird from there and purely because it was a mutation its hard to get a hold of, longest quarantine period ever lol.

Theres a shop in birmingham called kings heath pet centre? Been in there a couple of times and I was impressed with how the birds were looked after, they have a resident macaw who is always out, all the cages look clean, granted i don't fully understand the lovebird in the aviary with the tiels etc but there you go.

Can't remember their prices though.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
I found this promotional video for Kings Heath Pet Centre [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiL17SduGgU&feature=player_embedded"]Kings Heath Pet Centre - YouTube[/nomedia]

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have never been there! Will have a look though.

Two by two really REALLY annoys me. The staff are so rude :mad: I asked them for a job and they wouldn't take me on. BIGGEST mistake they ever made :lol: that poor budgie. I never noticed the other day! I'll pop over at the weekend and have a look. See if anything has been done :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.