Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Piplup

Cute little hen eh? Well I've been waiting for this 4 month old Sky Blue Spangle for 3 months seeing Enna was 4 hours away. She is so Frisky ! its unblieveable ! digging her papers , chewing the cage bars , flippin every where ! ! But she isnt allowed out till shes used to her new home , aka her quarantine for the next 30 days , she looks and acts healthy plus she comes from a wonderful breeder , but just to be sure and such. She was hand raised By the way ! ;) Shes even eatting already , so shes coming along great !

Did I mention ? She DOESNT bite , good hen , good Piplup. She licks instead :rolleyes: -run away! lick attack- .... Shes kind of clumsey to , its pretty cute ! shes only young though , and her wings are clipped for the first time. Her chirp is so different from Chibi-Chibi and Mimzy, its so sweet !

Ahhh , I feel like a new budgie mom all over again hehe.
I believe her hatch day was December 26 , 2009. Correct me if im wrong Enna.
My memory card is acting up for the first time , so you wont be treated with many pictures today/tonight sadly , but i'll try and fix it asap !

thank you so much Enna !
Please Welcome Piplup !

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
She is just beautiful. I'm happy for you both.

·
Registered
160 Posts
30 days of quarantine?

You're not going to handle her for 30 days? Isn't that a bit extreme? Can't you just let her out in another room away from your other birds? I personally wouldn't risk her losing her tameness by not handling her for 30 days.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I believe she is just waiting for piplup to get used to her cage before coming out - so it sounds like she will be out and about in a couple of days :)

She is gorgeous by the way :D

·
Banned
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You're not going to handle her for 30 days? Isn't that a bit extreme? Can't you just let her out in another room away from your other birds? I personally wouldn't risk her losing her tameness by not handling her for 30 days.
I am handleing her in another room , every day ( i have an act for tamed birds :giggle:) Shes currently sitting on my lap eatting a muffin ( birdie bread ). If I didnt handle her and lost her trust , Id start on over again any way ;)

Shes in quarantine just in case she is sick.

I believe she is just waiting for piplup to get used to her cage before coming out - so it sounds like she will be out and about in a couple of days :)

She is gorgeous by the way :D
mhmm ! ! your right
thank you all !

·
Registered
662 Posts
I think hand fed budgies are extra nice. We have two. Even if I don't handle them for a week or more they are still very tame and well behaved.

·
Registered
131 Posts
She's lovely -- I love the detail on her wings :)

Does the name Piplup have a special meaning?

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
The bird in your post is an African red bellied poicephalus.

·
Registered
131 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.