Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a lot of people wonder just how loud Sun Conures can be, so I randomly decided to take videos of Mochi's different voices. :)

I was trying to get her to say "Okay" in this one, but she was a liiiittle bit stubborn. :eek: But this is her "Squeaking" voice.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obWGgL3-OWY"]YouTube - Mochi the Sun Conure Squeaking[/ame]

Here's where she really does say "Okay." :D It's vague, and not very clear, but she still says it when we say "Okay." She got a little bit irritated with Touki at the end. :lol:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7b9-ioFL_A"]YouTube - Mochi the Sun Conure saying "Okay"[/ame]

And finally here's her screaming voice. She didn't want to scream AT ALL at first. I had mom hold the camera while I left the room, stomped around, open and closed doors, and there's barely a peep. :rolleyes: She finally started screaming when I rustled the balloon that she hates toward the end of the video.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJEUD2WTEec"]YouTube - Mochi the Sun Conure Screaming[/ame]

·
Registered
140 Posts
Oh, she is cute. I want a sun. Thank you for sharing those videos. I always wanted to hear how loud a sun really was. How old is she?

·
Registered
125 Posts
I love her squeaking voice! So cute :D My mom and dad both like Sun Conues, but they're a little too loud for my tastes. How often does she scream?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh, she is cute. I want a sun. Thank you for sharing those videos. I always wanted to hear how loud a sun really was. How old is she?
She turned 1 year old in August. :)

I love her squeaking voice! So cute :D My mom and dad both like Sun Conues, but they're a little too loud for my tastes. How often does she scream?
Thank you! :D She actually doesn't scream very much at all. The only time she'll really scream is when something startles her, when we leave the room, or when someone comes home. :rolleyes: Plus, she'll never scream for more than 15 seconds at a time. I'm very fortunate to have a fairly quiet Sun Conure. :) I think the fact that we got her when she was 10 weeks old helped. :p

·
Registered
277 Posts
Masae, your sun is just so pretty. I love the bright colors and Mochi is such a cutie pie. I love how she says okay...so cute. My friend has a sun and she will sometimes video her other birds but you can pick that scream out a mile away. You are lucky to have a fairly quiet one.

·
Registered
129 Posts
She's soooo cute :giggle: I think she's very quiet for a sun, even her "scream" is kinda quiet. :)
Yes, she is such a cutie! And I was thinking the same thing, she's pretty quiet compared to some of the Suns I've heard in pet shops. I have a 'tiel (my Tweety) that can be louder than that. :eek: Little turd. :rolleyes:

I think she is an exception to the sun conure "pretty quiet" rule? :shrug: :)

·
Registered
799 Posts
I want a Sun now! they're so darn sweet. :lovehearts: :lovehearts: I love Mochi, she's now my fav Sun I have ever seen.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.