Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the cage i have now is sandstone. Which goes nicely with my featherbright light. But i am thinking about a new cage and really like the looks of the black ones. Those of you with black (charcol) would you buy it again? Does it make the bird seem harder to see? Just wondering, it's kind of a big expense and i want to be sure to do it right.

·
Registered
993 Posts
I like the black because if theres bird poop or dust its easy to see to wipe off, but it doesnt get they dull look some of my white iron ones look a bit dull in colour after a few years but the black ones still look sharp

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I have HQ Platinum (light gray) and A&E Platinum (light tan, sort of) and it fits in perfectly anywhere. The color blends in really well. I like the bird and toys to show up and the cage to blend in -- but hey, that's just me!

I'm not sure if I read it on this forum or TalkParrotlets, but someone had a black cage and their bird hated it. She switched to a lighter color and the bird was much happier. She said maybe it looked too much like prison bars! LOL!

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
I don't have black, but I do have a very dark brown cage. I got it because it was on sale. I thought I might be discouraged because it would show all the dirt, but, actually, I like the fact that the stuff shows up on it because it seems to me to be easier to clean that way. I like my grey cages, too, so I guess I like them all, no matter what color.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.