Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Tinkles has escaped :(

2K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  Sensfan 
#1 ·
Well, I'm not posting this in the rainbow bridge forum yet, because that would mean I'd lost all hope. And I'm not that kind of person.

Well, this morning I was sitting on the deck with my darling Mr Tinkles in his cage next to me. The day was still, not a breath of wind. But suddenly the wind picked up as I was getting him his bath, and he was blown right onto the concrete driveway.:yikes:
The cage literally smashed, and Mr Tinkles screamed and flew away in fright.
I couldn't keep it together, and burst into tears.
But that wasn't going to help, so I went next door and found him sitting in a tree.
i called and called, he ignored me.

I ran to my friends to get Charlie, in hope that another budgie might lure him down.

As I was over there, Mr Tinkles took off.

2 hours later, my friend sighted him in a tree.

I climbed the tree slowly, calling softly.

What has upset me the most was that I called and called, he saw me, and started to move towards me.

Then he changed his mind, at the time loving this new found freedom, and flew off.

I searched from 9:00 am to 6:30 pm, not giving up.

I haven't seen him since the last time at about 12:00.

He will now be hungry and lonely, and lost.

Right now Charlies chirping away, trying to lure Mr Tinkles in.

Posters have been put up and in letter boxes.

I'm not giving up.

I'm sure that he'll be coming back to me, I won't let him die. he means the world to me, and the world wouldn't be the same without him.

I have to go now and search again.

Fingers crossed that he comes back.

See less See more
#2 ·
Oh no, I'm so sorry! but you're not giving up which is what matters a lot.

Here are some tips for finding your bird:

AROUND HOME:

• Search for your bird in your neighborhood. Spread the word to neighbors and neighborhood children that your bird has escaped and let them know what your bird looks like. While searching, bring along a favorite toy or treat. Make familiar sounds.

• Put your bird’s cage outside so if he’s nearby he can see it. Many times, your bird may be near but too scared to even vocalize to let you know it. The cage and familiar toys will help to entice him.

• If your bird has a favorite feathered friend, bring him/her outside (in his cage). You’ll only want to do this if you are home to watch over things to ensure the safety of your bird’s friend and his cage.

• If you have any outside pets your bird doesn’t like or fears, be sure to bring them in so they won’t scare your bird away.

AROUND YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD:

• Keep in touch with your neighbors. Make sure they know how to contact you if they even THINK they’ve heard or seen him.

• It’s quite possible that once your bird gets hungry, he will go to any human. Make sure you post signs (at least in a one mile radius near where your parrot escaped) describing your bird and giving contact information.

AROUND YOUR AREA:

• Post signs in local veterinarian’s offices, pet stores, grocery stores, apartment bulletin boards (usually near the mailboxes areas). Have your kids post signs on the school’s bulletin board. Anywhere you think the signs will be noticed.

- If you really get the word out there, it increases the chances that your bird may be returned -

• Contact your area animal rescue/shelters and have them put your bird on file so they can look out for it. Make sure they have a way to contact you. Call them every few days to make sure you keep it fresh on their minds. Be sure to ask how long they keep a lost animal on file and be sure to call back and re-list your bird if you’re still looking for him.

• Contact any local bird breeders and let them know about your lost bird. Speak with managers at your local pet stores and let them know when you post the lost bird poster on their bulletin board. Let them know to be on the lookout. Sometimes people ‘find’ parrots and try to sell them to pet shops for quick cash.

• Place a LOST ad in your area newspaper(s). If you offer a reward it may increase the chances that your bird will be returned. On all posters, ads, etc. make sure you mention how your lost bird is ‘family’ to you. Stress how much you care for your bird and it may help to persuade someone who may not initially intend on returning a ‘found’ bird.

• If you do recover your lost bird, make sure to let your neighbors know and thank them for any help. Make sure you remove all the posters you put up and contact anyone you called to be on the lookout and let them know.

The more places you notify the better chance of reuniting your LOST or FOUND bird

The following links are to Free Lost and Found sites where you may post:

(keep an eye out on any local sites/newspapers because people can find them and try and sell the bird they found)

Bird Hotline
Craig's List
[‘Pets’ &‘Lost and Found’ sections]
Internet Lost and Found
Petfinder
Birdmart Parrot Classified Ads – Lost & Found
Lost Pet SOS
Found and Lost Pets
Flealess Market's Lost Pets International
Cockatiel Cottage
Lost and Pound
Pet Harbor Shelter Listings
Hugs for the Homeless

And these two:

http://www.birdhotline.com/

http://www.911parrotalert.com/

My fingers are crossed, I hope you get him home soon safe and sound. :hug:

#8 · (Edited)
Thanks for all this support.

I am trying my best, but maybe its not good enough.

Mr Tinkles isn't replying to me when I call his name or walk the streets at 5:00 am with his favorite bells.

I hope someone has found him and he's inside all warm and cozy, because it's raining outside.

:angelsad2:please come back my little angel, I miss you :cryin:

#13 ·
No news at all.
I've handed out countless flyers, asked everyone I see, and I go searching about every few hours.
Nothing.
I haven't heard any noise, or even been phoned up.
It's really sad, and every time I arrive home without hearing even a peep, my spirits just go lower.
I'm searching far away from where I live now, but to no avail.

I'm not giving up, but theres not much more I can do.

It's probably all coming down to someone finding him.
My budgies life in the hands of someone I probably don't even know.

I can barely sleep, last night I woke up and cried my eyes out when I heard the rain and the wind.

I can only hope for the best.

If someone has found him and decided to keep him, I just hope he's safe.

It's just like torture waiting for news. Even if someone has just seen him,then I would be a bit more relaxed.

I hope he's alive and well, I'm not giving up.

#16 ·
Have you called all the animal shelters in your area? I would also bring your flyers to all the pet stores you can. I was thinking the other day that mabey some pet stores have fax machines and can fax your flyer to their other pet stores in the area. I hope you find him :grouphug:

#19 · (Edited)
I just love this forum. Everyone is so caring. :hug:
You know, Mr Tinkles is one lucky budgie, to have all these people hoping he's safe and praying for him to return, and so am I.

I am so thankful for your support and suggestions, I don't know where I'd be without you all.

I have done everything I possibly can, now I just have to wait and hope.

As I walked round the streets yesterday, people stopped me and asked if I was the one looking for the budgie.
I think everyone knows now, and we're such a small town that I know most people.

I can't even begin to imagine how many pairs of fingers are crossed for him :lol:
I just laughed, fort the first time in ages. It's quite a nice change from all the crying I've been doing.

Thanks again, I am so so grateful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.