Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have taught my Conures this new trick, they leant very quick
good excercise for them too.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-IsUoibt7w"]YouTube - ‪New Trick!‬‏[/nomedia]

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Waoh! Awesome!
That is so cool, how did you manage to do that?

·
Registered
993 Posts
Ahh that is so cute Russ does this if you say "Im leaving" but sometimes he lands on my head. Your conures look like they get along so well

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:biggrin5: Thanks!

I started out rewarding them with a few sunflower seeds when they flew over to me, within 2 attempts I no longer needed to reward them with anything, they just flies over on command :giggle:

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
That is a great trick!

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Too cute!! They're like the three amigos :giggle: Recall training is one of the more essential tricks for a flighted bird, IMO. If, heaven forbid,they ever get out you can call them and, odds are, they will fly to you and you can grab them

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Too cute!! They're like the three amigos :giggle: Recall training is one of the more essential tricks for a flighted bird, IMO. If, heaven forbid,they ever get out you can call them and, odds are, they will fly to you and you can grab them

Thanks everyone!

I had a fright of my life with them before when I left my kitchen window wide opened to let out the cooking smell. I didn't shut the door on my way out of the kitchen properly, they got into a flight frenzy and flew into my kitchen, I nearly had a heart attack:eek: when I realised the that I left the kitchen window wide opened, to my surprised when I ran in the kitchen they were perched up on top of the fridge freezer and made no attempt to escape. What a relief!:yesnod:

My Conures are very strange. I have tried many times to place them by the window for them to look at the outside world, but they are terrified of the outside and wouldn't even go near the window.:lol:

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
wow! Recall training is awesome... It makes me smile how they're so desperate to come to you :lol:
I love how one of them lands on the camera? I think it does... it looked like it did :biggrin5:

·
Registered
623 Posts
that is really cute. My little guy will fly about a foot to my hands in a landing pat possition. Maybe when his feathers grow back out again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.