·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
your animals are so cute :) is that a degu!? haha

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LOL I dont actually own my Cody but im the the only one who rides him and Im allowed to ride him as many days as a want. I :lovehearts: him.

Really Abby what do you ride?

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
English, I've ridden off and on for about eight years. (Taken lots of lessons.) I don't really want to compete, I just want to become a better rider. I would love to have a horse of my own sometime, but they are so expensive that it isn't an option right now. We have leased a horse before for a few months, but that is the closest I've ever gotten to owning my own horse.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
I'd love to start riding to be honest

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
I have ridden in the past but I've never actually taken it up :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Casper seems pretty relaxed. :cool:

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
He's really nervy around people because he wasn't socialized well at all as a kitten and was around humans at a later age so he has to come to you for attention, if you go near him he runs a mile! But when he lies down, he wont move again for a few hours! Such a fat cat too haha. Huge belly :lol:

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
awww casper soooo cute i love how cuddly he looks!

Daisy youll love it, its so much fun the beauty and power underneath you is such a rush

Abby I feel exactly the same way i ride for pleasure not to show someone how fast or high i can go, sure i love to jump but i dont have to prove it and im much happier just laxing on a trail ride. i used to do english during lessons but im exercising this ladies horses for free and shes western, and you know what, i think i like it better its soo loose rein and laid back, i only hold onto the end of the reinso they can be relaxed and comfy at a trot not that you cant do that in english but i found my instructor was always on it about tighter reins

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
To be honest, I've never tried Western! I wouldn't mind trying it, though. I've heard it is a lot easier like you described.
Do you ride saddle seat? (I think that's what it's called...)
I agree with that. I don't want to compete, this is more of a relaxing hobby of mine.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
They don't do saddle seat in western, I dont think anyways.you need like hackneys and saddlebreds. I think You do sit back in the saddle but its much more relaxed.

I didn't do it in English as i was really into jumping so it was more of a hunt seat, but I'm really liking the western for some reason plus the lady I ride allows me to post(she does too) when trotting instead of a sitting trot. I like posting its more comfortable:biggrin5:

But as I said im not one of those intense riders that wants an adrenalin boost Im happy to just trot or canter(lol guess i better start saying jog)

Te he, my horse was playing with a stick yesterday he was rearing with it, and throwing his head he looked like he could be in a parade

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Saddle seat is an English thing, but that's not what I do. When I first started riding a long, long time ago, the lessons I took had me do that. You don't really move with the horse in saddle seat, you keep a stiff position and keep your hands very high up when holding the reins, and therefore making it uncomfortable for the horse. I'm not sure if there is a name for what I do now, but we move with the horse, and I personally believe it's much better than saddle seat.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
heres some pics when we and my friend went after a snow storm Codys the black horse and Teddy's the bay. Cody's my boy.:biggrin5: The last one is with my friend Ang lol

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
they're gorgeous looking horses :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.