TalkParrots.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mo is growing up and quickly overcoming it's handicap. It is climbing all over the cage!! I'm so happy for it.:lovehearts:

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Oh my, look how he's grown! He's doing so well! :lovehearts: Isn't it amazing what they can overcome?

·
Registered
89 Posts
I can't believe that little tiny baby is already so grown up....and he's so beautiful!!!! You've done a wonderful job!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all for the nice things you say about little MoMo.

That is great. Is his beak going to grow back to normal?
I'm not sure because it still looks about the same to me. I see it everyday so maybe I wouldn't notice a change. I've checked back at the older photos and I can't see as it has changed but very little. I'm hoping for a miracle and it will grow normal. I've been trying to get it to eat some soft foods but so far no seeds. It is drinking water from a dish now!
:biggrin5:

·
Registered
392 Posts
:yahoo:For Mo, he's making great progress and seems very content in his customised cage, It is amazing how they adapt with the right kind of care and handling. :biggrin5:

·
Registered
212 Posts
I missed the post, but what happened to his beak?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Oh wow. Poor little guy. But uber special. I love the birds with disabilities. It makes them special. :D

My husband really wants a senegal and our exotic bird store currently has a baby sennie who has 3 toes forward instead of two. It is also smaller then it is supposed to be. It's unsteady on it's feet but other then that and size there is nothing wrong with it. I would love to give it a home but Peter would prefer a more 'perfect' pet.

I laughed and told him he was a jerk. She was special not imperfect!
I see his point though. We already have a conure who chews her feathers (she's not a plucker.. just a chewer) and parrotlet who is missing most, if not all toenails. Neither affects their ability to have healthy lives.

·
Registered
212 Posts
What happened to Jack's toe nails? Is he a nail biter? I guess it stops the need for nail cutting :giggle:
Jack was in a cage with his siblings at the breeder and one of them went on a rampage and started biting the toes off his siblings. jack was lucky in that just the tips of his toes were bitten, resulting in essentially no toenails on his feet.

·
Registered
212 Posts
On smooth wood like manzanita he has problems gripping, but on rope perches, dowels, and rougher woods he does perfectly fine. You wouldn't know he is missing toenails if you watched him :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.