Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried so hard not to get another bird. My 2 conures are very clingy so i've been telling myself "No more birds" Guess what?

I just can't hold back the craving for another bird any further, so here he is :lol: He is DNA tested male, he's half Pineaple, half Cinnamon Green Cheek, 9 weeks old. I will not put him with the 2 adult conures for at least 6 weeks *Drum rolls* here he is! :photo:

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Oh my! So sweet! Congrats! Conures are the BEST!

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
he's gorgeous! congratulations :D how long have you had the other two for?

he looks like a cinnamon to me, but hey, I think you're right

what you named him?

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
he's gorgeous! congratulations :D how long have you had the other two for?

he looks like a cinnamon to me, but hey, I think you're right

what you named him?
Thanks everyone!

Hi Daisy, the breeder said he is half Pineaple and half Cinnamon. On his DNA Sexing report it's got Pineapple/Cinnamon. I haven't got a clue :giggle:. Is it not possible to have half of each mutations? I have not name him yet, only got him today.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
he really does just look like a cinnamon to me :lol: you could have a look around the internet and see whether anybody else has one :)

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
he really does just look like a cinnamon to me :lol: you could have a look around the internet and see whether anybody else has one :)
:biggrin5: ok I shall cross out the Pineapple and just stick with Cinnamon. When I read the advert for him I thought "wow special mutation" silly me :lol:

He is so cute! And his feathers look like they are in really good condition.
Thanks, he is only 9 weeks old so those feathers are fairly new :)

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Tippa, you're from the UK right? Where are you getting your conures from? I really want one and they're not as common over here as they are in the US :(

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Tippa, you're from the UK right? Where are you getting your conures from? I really want one and they're not as common over here as they are in the US :(
http://www.preloved.co.uk/ I typed in the search box, handreared conure. The ad should be still there, He's in Staffordshire, he's still got 1 Full Pineapple mutation and 1 Yellow sided left. He is a good breeder, I think so anyway.

He is very cute!!! :cinnamongcc1:
Thank you very much! :)

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Shelly for the comment :biggrin5:

The little guy had a bath today and he loved it :lol: It's must be because he is still very young, as soon as he jumped into the water his feathers were soaking wet all the way through. My older conure takes forever to get wet:giggle:Someone on TalkBudgies has named him Maui by the way:yesnod:

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
awesome name and sounds very sweet hehe. Hmm I'm not far from Staffordshire at all, I may look into it :D and I LOVE preloved, I sell my birds on there :D

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
I think my pineapple green cheek's feathers are a lot softer than a normal green cheek's feathers. She gets soaked quicker than my other birds do. I wonder if it is the mutation adding to how fast the bird gets wet?

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
I think my pineapple green cheek's feathers are a lot softer than a normal green cheek's feathers. She gets soaked quicker than my other birds do. I wonder if it is the mutation adding to how fast the bird gets wet?

That's interesting to know, thanks for adding that :)

and thanks everyone for the lovely comments.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.