Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got theses birdies for $5 a piece from someone who was colonial breeeding them there all a year and a half the lady had a bunch of cages on top of cages 2 whole flights of budgies with quails on the bottom of one flight she had Bourkes parakeets, Ringnecks,Parrotlets,all White cockatiels(not albinos),flight full of different finches,Quails,and a Rose breasted cockatoo in one room with the budgies, I left with a headache, in another room she had a Greenwing macaw and 2 Blue and Golds she had 15 budgies for sale I bought 5 and my sister bought 5 too. she had to use a net to get them out of the flight after we left with our birds I checked for mites and sadly most of them have it so now I gotta treat them all with mites its not to bad though so thats good I gotta get it before it gets any worse.
Felt like I went to a shelter and got them, they had overgrown beaks and nails
well heres the newbies

Sparkle

Splish

Splash

Scruffy

Coby

·
Registered
502 Posts
Thank you for rescuing those birds. It doesn't sound like the situation they were in was a good one. Hopefully the mites will be cleared up soon.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Poor babies! Coby looks like a baby - big dark eyes! I'm glad you were able to give them a good home! :lovehearts:

·
Registered
662 Posts
We have parakeets and when I found mites on my albino I wiped her feet and beak down with olive oil. It really does work. I did it every 3-4th day for two weeks and no more mites. Also no cost as we use olive oil.
She is not really tame and will rip flesh from my finger so I had to towel her. She figured it out that I was helping so she started to get easier to handle, still with a towel though!
Good luck with yours!

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We have parakeets and when I found mites on my albino I wiped her feet and beak down with olive oil. It really does work. I did it every 3-4th day for two weeks and no more mites. Also no cost as we use olive oil.
She is not really tame and will rip flesh from my finger so I had to towel her. She figured it out that I was helping so she started to get easier to handle, still with a towel though!
Good luck with yours!
I've been oiling sparkles face with food oil to I do it once a day sometimes twice I'm also using invermectin to but I think the oil works faster =p

·
Registered
57 Posts
They are beautiful. I can't wait to see more pictures of them in a few months when they are all nursed back to heath, feel safe, and are happy. How wonderful that you are able to give them a better life. I love the picture of Splash, looks like he's glaring and plotting something :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.