Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. It's been awhile since I've been on here, but thought i would come show my new little friend. I key just got him/her today from a cousin that didn't want him/her anymore. So far things are going good. Not sure of a name yet, but I can get him/her to step up and lay on its back. :) I think im in love. Hehe.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I didnt get to add the pics yet. Doing this all from my phone and accidentally submitted before I added the pics. Lol.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks rosey. Sorry the pics are so big.

·
Registered
77 Posts
A bird that beautiful deserves a big picture!!

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
he or she is adorable!!! reminds me of my lovie munch! but friendlier lol

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
I agree with Rosey, the bird and the pictures are beautiful just the way they are.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone. Any idea on mutation? I was guessing peach faced, but the only color is a light orange around the top of the head and the rest is white.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Sarah. I believe a peach faced is right after looking at pictures. I decided to name him/her Gizmo. Lol.

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
the SPECIES is peach faced lovebird.

mutation... i'd like to say a variation of dutch blue.

thing with lovebird mutations, theyre sometimes very tricky.

like dutch blue, whiteface, and seagreen are all very similar... yours MAY be a seagreen but im seeing more dutch blue.

seagreens are a cross between a dutch blue and whiteface. essentially the best way of telling a seagreen is to look at the beak. it will appear to be both yellow and orange. its slightly two toned.

mine are both seagreens so i will post a photo of what i mean.
notice the slight orange tinge to the base of the beak? thats what marks a seagreen

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks Casey. Gizmo looks similar to your second pic, but more green than blue. I was just wondering. I'll have to do some more reading on lovebirds.

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
thats why im thinking dutch blue and also the fact that the beak is more pink than yellow.

not to mention the dark or violet factors, which im no good at identifying.

my two are both single dark factor seagreen pieds (even the blue one, she has a single pied feather in her wings) and those factors can either be single, double or even combined

ill ask on a forum about the mutation and get back to you on the mutation. this forum know their mutations.... will get back to you when or if i get a reply... theyre funny like that...

fingers crossed i can get you an answer :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks a lot for the help. :)

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
not a problem... theyre not replying yet, so give me until later. i will be back on and check... though im having some issues with said forum so who knows if i will get an answer or not... :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.