Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know why, but I thought I'd show you my first snake :giggle:

He's gorgeous, he's a normal corn snake and he's about as long as me :lol:

They're pretty good photos too

Attachments

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I looked at the photos before reading and guessed a corn snake and I don't even own a snake though I would love to! :)
Gorgeous pics!

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks XD yeah they're really easy to tell apart. The patterns are beautiful :lovehearts: he's a real cuddlebug :lol:

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nawh that sucks Corina. I'm getting more snakes soon hehe :biggrin5:

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Wow, that snake is really cool. I've always wanted one myself.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Get one ;) easiest pet to look after ever! I find looking after fish hard (their tanks get so dirty so fast) in comparison to the snake. It eats once a week and poops once a week! What a delight XD

·
Registered
339 Posts
Wow, he is stunning :)
I like snakes, but would have trouble feeding them :eek:

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Haha why? Because it's scary or because you don't like dead things? What with having birds of prey you kinda get used to having dead animals around. The worst is the day old cockerels though. They're so cute and fluffy, and there's me holding one for a hawk to gobble on :( oh well, nature

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Chickens. The big ones :lol: the little fluffy chicks that are yellow? Those D;

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
He's gorgeous! :lovehearts: My brother has a 4" pastel ball python, Bertha, and I play with her a lot. I had snakes growing up - a Ribbon snake that sadly choked on a piece of substrate (he ate tiny minnows, one fell out of the dish and he ate it, but it had a small piece of aspen stuck on it. Seeing as he was all of 5' long full grown, it was enough to asphyxiate on D: ) and some banded water snakes. I bought one at the pet shop, paid $50 for him, and then found a juvie in my back yard... turns out they're local! :smash: So I kept him and the juvie for a year, though he bit me at least once every time I held him, before I just released him in the lake out back, since they were eating fish out of that lake in a good sized tank, I felt they had enough of a hunting instinct and were adapted well enough to the local food that they would do OK. Every once in a while I see a huge fat banded water snake and I think it's my adult I released :) He's HUGE now!

Your corn snake is really gorgeous, I love the checkered pattern they get on their bellies. When I move out this summer, I'll be getting a Anery Sand Boa ;D I love reptiles! I also REALLY want a Frilled Dragon they have at the local reptile store, he's such a mush. But he needs a 6" long, 4" high set up and there's no space for it and I can't afford it! They'd give him to me free if I buy the cage, and one of the guys offered to build me the cage since the poor dude's been there for 2 years but... :/ Maybe when I go to move out, I'll do it ;D 3 bird cages, a snake, 2 fish tanks, and a HUGE lizard cage will fit in a 1 bed apartment along with my boyfriend, his cat, and husky right? :giggle:

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Jenny I manage to cram everything into one place and mine seems to work. I've got my snake next to my bed haha!

Thank you! I love the patterns too. Especially their bellies.

I should be getting more reptiles for summer and hopefully breeding some. I want a Burmese Python so bad hehe. I love common boas too. At the same time, I love Cali King snakes. They're lovely. And iddy bitty milk snakes :giggle:I love frilled lizards! So cute hehe. I would like a Beardie, red iguana and green iguana at some point but with the greens it would be best to buy a female, a male can grow to 6" and I'd rather not be killed. At the same time an Alligator, Spec Caiman or Pygmy croc would be lovely :lol:

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Jenny I manage to cram everything into one place and mine seems to work. I've got my snake next to my bed haha!

Thank you! I love the patterns too. Especially their bellies.

I should be getting more reptiles for summer and hopefully breeding some. I want a Burmese Python so bad hehe. I love common boas too. At the same time, I love Cali King snakes. They're lovely. And iddy bitty milk snakes :giggle:I love frilled lizards! So cute hehe. I would like a Beardie, red iguana and green iguana at some point but with the greens it would be best to buy a female, a male can grow to 6" and I'd rather not be killed. At the same time an Alligator, Spec Caiman or Pygmy croc would be lovely :lol:
:eek: a Burmese? No thanks!! I don't want a python that gets more than 6" max... I don't think I could handle having to buy feeder pigs or goats for my snake :rolleyes: Besides, to own one in FL now, you have to get a permit since they're having all kinds of issues with stupid people releasing them into the Everglades and they're eating the birds and even juvie alligators :mad:

:giggle: Have you seen the Caiman Lizards? A nice, smaller alternative to an actual Caiman but still swim and look really cool!

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I saw one of those in Jacksonville zoo I think. They're pretty neat! I love the red head hehe. I may sound uber stupid, but how do you get the pictures actually in the thread? :lol: I've just been putting the little ones in the bottom paha :eek:

I watched a program on tv about the Burmese being released. It was called snake hunters I think. I hate how the have to euthanize the snakes too. Can't the just be kept somewhere else :(

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
I saw one of those in Jacksonville zoo I think. They're pretty neat! I love the red head hehe. I may sound uber stupid, but how do you get the pictures actually in the thread? :lol: I've just been putting the little ones in the bottom paha :eek:

I watched a program on tv about the Burmese being released. It was called snake hunters I think. I hate how the have to euthanize the snakes too. Can't the just be kept somewhere else :(
Just drag the photo into the body of the reply. And they catch hundreds a day... there's nowhere to put them. They can't go into the pet trade, because people will just release them again.. It's sad, but there's not really a workable alternative :shrug:

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah I kinda understand that. Still very sad though :( and thanks. Now I feel stupid :lol:

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
I'm not sure if I could feed a snake either. I don't know. :eek:

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
hehe thanks :lol:

And why not Abby? Are you scared of dead animals too? You don't have much time with it, as soon as you open the vivarium it's caught it :lol:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.