Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had to stop reading and posting to the forum today because Shira crawled into my hands as I was trying to type and fluffed up so pretty that I had to stop and pet her all she wanted.

She is going through a nasty molt. At first, she objected strongly when I helped unsheath her pennies, but I guess she has figured out it helps, because now she will cuddle up and put offending pennies right next to my fingers whenever she is ready for a new one to be taken care of.

I finally got to post because she decided to surf up and down my arms. She turns over on her back and uses her feet to propell herself along the crevice that is made where my arms meet my body as I type with my computer on my lap.

Oops! :yikes: Had to stop just now to retrieve her from the inside of my shirt. First time she has tried that! :giggle:

She is very clever about getting her way.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Aww that's really sweet hehe

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Shira is beautiful, persistent, coniving, and tactile. I love her and enjoy her antics more than I ever thought I could enjoy any little conure. However, I'm not certain sweet is an adjective I would use to describe her, lol.

Actually, I believe size works against little conures like Shira. I find that I am not worried about her bite, so I end up forcing her to do more things than I force the bigger birds to do. I think that happens to a lot of little birds. I try to remember with Shira, but I make lots of mistakes with her.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
It's the same with my kakariki Chewee. I tend to not be scared of getting bitten badly so I end up showing a bit too much confidence until I get bit hard haha

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.