Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll fill you in:
I just got (6/21/2010) Sylvester. He has been abused in the past. Was
told that he is 10 years old. (Africian Grey)
His one toe on his right foot is messed up due to the abuse (can't bend it). Also was told that I don't have to clip the wings, because they have
been hurt in the past as well, therefore he can't fly. By looking, they look
fine. (?)
Sylvester is so sweet. He says "hello" and whistles a lot. I'm trying now to teach him more words and whistle tunes to him as well.
Oh and he meows like a cat.:rofl:
I'm also trying to work with him, to let me hold him.:hug:I'm new on owning greys, and have never had a bird that was abused.
I know it will be a long process, I'm in it for the long run....
Any pointers etc. would be most grateful.... Also you can email me direct if you like at [email protected] ,
Thank you all
And
God Bless

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
STORMY AGAIN:

I forgot I was also told that I have to mist/spray his nostrils daily, due to blockage.
(?) I'm thinking that there has to be some sort of medication I can buy instead of
spraying him daily. Does anyone know of anything I can get to help my baby?

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
If he's all blocked up in his nostrils, it's probably due to the dust and dander. Best thing, really, is to bathe him regularly. That will keep the dander down and solve the problem where it starts, if that makes sense :)

Have you taken him to a vet? A vet can gently remove some of the blockage and may have more recommendations on it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.