Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a lady that has green cheek conure babies!! Some have just been pulled for hand feeding and some are 3 months old. The younger ones are all normals , but the older ones are a normal , a yellow sided and some pineapples... I am really leaning towards a pineapple but will have to wait till tomorrow and see who has the best personality. Is 3 months a good age to get a green cheek? oh God I can't wait till tomorrow!!

·
Registered
993 Posts
awww Im so excited and yep nearly three months is great congrats, so hard to pick I think the yellow side are really pretty but I also like pineapples so hard call I think they have like the same personalitys probably, congrats!!!

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
OH HOW EXCITING! You know how much I LOVE my Libby! She's just the best bird EVER! Smart, sassy, clowny, cuddly, real playful AND beautiful!!!

You are in for a wonderful ride! Can't wait to see pics!!!!!!

·
Registered
993 Posts
HAHA Jo anne I thought you said Classy not Sassy :p

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks gals.... I also am very excited... Jodeg you said it would not be long....lol The breeder said they were tame soooo... I am just going to see who looks like a better fit for us.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
lol Jessie! Good one!

ParrotletsRock - that's the best thing to do, play with and handle each one. When I went to look at a clutch of 4 Pineapples, one was already sold, so I checked out the other three. Libby was really still a baby then, but our eyes locked, and I fell in love. I walked around the shop with her, talking to her and I just knew she was the one for me! I put down a deposit then and there.

Since I could visit her in the nursery while they were still being hand fed, I went back a few days later -- all FOUR were sold! I visited her every few days so we got a head start on bonding. It was another 4 weeks before she could come home -- ugh, the longest four weeks of my life!

Can't wait to see pics! This is so exciting!

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Congrats! My personal choice would have been a yellow-sided hehe!

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
The Brute Squad, I really want a turq too :(

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I got my pineapple!! The birds were climbing all over but when handled were nippy to me... this one didn't bite me ...lol So I said I want THIS one...I almost took the yellow sided , this one is AMAZING!!

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
YIPEE!!! A PINEAPPLE! How wonderful! Get ready to fall head over heels in love!!! I'm so happy for you! Can't wait to see pics! Got any ideas about his/her name????

CONGRATS!

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Congratulations! I love my pineapple green cheek, Shira. All the cinnamon and pineapple green cheeks I have ever handled have been less nippy than all of the other green cheeks I have ever handled, but I don't know if that is coincidence or perhaps it might be connected to the cinnamon color mutation, because pineapples also have the cinnamon color mutation as well as the yellow sided mutation.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Tiki is absolutley gorgeous:lovehearts: I would love to have a conure someday!

·
Registered
993 Posts
aww what a sweetheart you must be thrilled, and good idea on picking the calmest one ;)

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Tiki looks like such a sweet baby! Love the name!

Congrats again!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Such a pretty bird! She looks like a nice, healthy baby! I love my little cinnamon gc. She is a sweetie pie and smart as a whip too.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.