Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
It's a chonker!

And here I believed that there really was a new species of bird, Mr. Peepers! >sighs< I've been following stories of how the wildlife have been returning to the evacuated Chernobyl site, despite the high levels of uranium fallout. But truly, a pigeon of that size would certainly give J. a duel worth remembering! (We still have refrained from putting out wild birdseed for the little songbirds in our backyard due to the crazy pigeon problem we had a couple of years back. J. got a super-soaker water gun and aimed high at the over-crowding pigeons to scare them off our roof and ducts. It was the lure of wild birdseed that brought them to our home in the first place.):confused:

Reactions: Mr Peepers

·
Super Moderator
6,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And here I believed that there really was a new species of bird, Mr. Peepers! >sighs< I've been following stories of how the wildlife have been returning to the evacuated Chernobyl site, despite the high levels of uranium fallout. But truly, a pigeon of that size would certainly give J. a duel worth remembering! (We still have refrained from putting out wild birdseed for the little songbirds in our backyard due to the crazy pigeon problem we had a couple of years back. J. got a super-soaker water gun and aimed high at the over-crowding pigeons to scare them off our roof and ducts. It was the lure of wild birdseed that brought them to our home in the first place.):confused:
I don't think a super soaker would have worked on a birb this big, Sweet P! 😄

Wild you had such a problem with the pigeons ... they can sure make themselves at home when they find a nice host who will feed them. We have a huge problem with them around here too. There is a seniors building down a ways and some people from there were feeding the pigeons. Now the balcony's of that building are being closed in with chicken wire and there are hoards of pigeons everywhere because the conditions there were perfect for breeding and living. The wire and boards on the balcony's make the building look so bad and messy.

I would rather have the little birds around ... but I have a gazillion pigeons and quite a few HAWKS ... its interesting to see hawks in the middle of the city. They too have found balcony's and ledges of office towers to live safely and lots of pigeons to eat.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts