Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
They're lovely set ups...I'm currently looking for another cage. I'm doing lots of research, but shipping prices kill me! I can't find any Canadian sites that have free shipping....

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
They look great! Your cages look like mine for my tiels and parrotlets - almost all the toys are on the top half :giggle: That's all the dorks use!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mine actually use the whole cage, they love having their foraging trays and things down there, but we hadn't finished cleaning them, so they hadn't gone back in when I took the photos. =) But I don't have any toys long enough to reach the bottom, so they get foot toys down there during the day - we were about to cover them for bed. And having no toys low down, does make things a bit safer, in case the 'tiels have a night fright. :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
I love your cages! where did you get them?

My budgies tend to use the whole cage, here's a pic of their current setup :)

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
My cockatiel, Moose, had the same cage as your budgies, Jamie. I actually just switched them and gave that to the linnies, since my tiel only used 3 perches in the top of the cage :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
What's funniest about it is, in the new cage (18"x18") he uses the whole thing! :giggle: Worked out best for both birds!

·
Registered
509 Posts
They look great! Your cages look like mine for my tiels and parrotlets - almost all the toys are on the top half :giggle: That's all the dorks use!
LOL, same with mine! I go out of my way to get them expensive big cages, and I might as well chop off the bottom half. LOL.

They are beautiful cages, very roomy and nice looking!

·
Registered
212 Posts
I found with my guys, having food dishes in the lower half of the cage, as well as foraging toys near the bottom, forced the birds to use the entire cage

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
My grasskeets, being ground foragers, have to be encouraged to use the tops of their cages, lol. Luckily, I have found that if I can make things interesting enough for them, all of my current birds will us all parts of their cages, but I am certain other birds would not do so in certain cages, no matter what one tried.

·
Registered
502 Posts
They're lovely set ups...I'm currently looking for another cage. I'm doing lots of research, but shipping prices kill me! I can't find any Canadian sites that have free shipping....
Take a look at eBay.ca. No free shipping that I could find but good cages and including shipping very reasonably priced. I just put a bid in on one.
BTW don't overbid, they'll try to make you do that. I bid 1 cent over the asking price and expect to hear tonight if I got it. It's a dividable flight cage.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks. :)

This is an old set up, but you can see the things they normally get on the floor to play with in it. This is after Lofty had tipped everything out her foraging cups, lol:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I love your cages! where did you get them?
Thanks. :) I got one from http://www.zooplus.co.uk - when it didn't arrive, and I didn't hear anything from them for three weeks I canceled it and ordered the second from http://www.seapets.co.uk Then the first one arrived, so we tried to cancel the second, which arrived two days later, lol. Since we'd have to pay to send it back, plus a restocking fee, and no one wanted to buy the spare second-hand (even though it was untouched) the budgie girls got an upgrade, and we got the two boys, lol. They're Montana San Remos - it's a German company. :)

·
Registered
502 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.