Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
They're lovely set ups...I'm currently looking for another cage. I'm doing lots of research, but shipping prices kill me! I can't find any Canadian sites that have free shipping....

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mine actually use the whole cage, they love having their foraging trays and things down there, but we hadn't finished cleaning them, so they hadn't gone back in when I took the photos. =) But I don't have any toys long enough to reach the bottom, so they get foot toys down there during the day - we were about to cover them for bed. And having no toys low down, does make things a bit safer, in case the 'tiels have a night fright. :)

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
My cockatiel, Moose, had the same cage as your budgies, Jamie. I actually just switched them and gave that to the linnies, since my tiel only used 3 perches in the top of the cage :rolleyes:

·
Registered
509 Posts
They look great! Your cages look like mine for my tiels and parrotlets - almost all the toys are on the top half :giggle: That's all the dorks use!
LOL, same with mine! I go out of my way to get them expensive big cages, and I might as well chop off the bottom half. LOL.

They are beautiful cages, very roomy and nice looking!

·
Registered
212 Posts
I found with my guys, having food dishes in the lower half of the cage, as well as foraging toys near the bottom, forced the birds to use the entire cage

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
My grasskeets, being ground foragers, have to be encouraged to use the tops of their cages, lol. Luckily, I have found that if I can make things interesting enough for them, all of my current birds will us all parts of their cages, but I am certain other birds would not do so in certain cages, no matter what one tried.

·
Registered
502 Posts
They're lovely set ups...I'm currently looking for another cage. I'm doing lots of research, but shipping prices kill me! I can't find any Canadian sites that have free shipping....
Take a look at eBay.ca. No free shipping that I could find but good cages and including shipping very reasonably priced. I just put a bid in on one.
BTW don't overbid, they'll try to make you do that. I bid 1 cent over the asking price and expect to hear tonight if I got it. It's a dividable flight cage.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I love your cages! where did you get them?
Thanks. :) I got one from http://www.zooplus.co.uk - when it didn't arrive, and I didn't hear anything from them for three weeks I canceled it and ordered the second from http://www.seapets.co.uk Then the first one arrived, so we tried to cancel the second, which arrived two days later, lol. Since we'd have to pay to send it back, plus a restocking fee, and no one wanted to buy the spare second-hand (even though it was untouched) the budgie girls got an upgrade, and we got the two boys, lol. They're Montana San Remos - it's a German company. :)

·
Registered
502 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.