Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So... I got a new cage for the linnies!!

The cage runs from a few inches off the ground right to the top, no space on the bottom... it's... 6'x4'x4'!!! It's HUGE! It's got some rust spots, and needs to be pressure washed, steel brushed, and painted, but otherwise it's in really good shape. Cost me $80, paid him $100 since he delivered it for me! I was expecting it to be an HQ flight cage - he told me it was 5'x3'
I might trade it with my former manager for an HQ sized flight, since I don't really NEED nearly this much space for 2 linnies!

Here's an attached photo - my little brother is 5'11" standing next to it!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
:rofl: When I move out and can convince the boyfriend to let me?
Jenny,
Some advice - Don't copy Anton's ways until you've been together as long as he and his wife have been together.

Reactions: Jenny

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jenny,
Some advice - Don't copy Anton's ways until you've been together as long as he and his wife have been together.
:giggle: The beauty of it though, Nanay? He knows going into it that's what I'm planning. So he has no right to argue later on! :thumbsup: He's been warned what I want to have in our house, I just have to either house them outside when I breed or we'll have a bird room, which works for me! We're already in agreement on the bird issue :yesnod:

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Jenny,
It has always seems to me that you two have planned very well. I just like to pick on Anton a bit, but I just realized that perhaps he isn't even on this forum. :eek: Oh well.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Jenny, sometimes they change their minds...:giggle:

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Jenny,
It has always seems to me that you two have planned very well. I just like to pick on Anton a bit, but I just realized that perhaps he isn't even on this forum. :eek: Oh well.
I know, Nanay :thumbsup: I don't think he is either? Now I gotta look into it!

Jenny, sometimes they change their minds...:giggle:

:p Yes, but then I won't tolerate his expensive hobbies as nicely either :rofl:

·
Registered
340 Posts
Good plan!:lol:You should have no problems!!!

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Alright, finally all set up with the new linnie cage!!
It's so big, and they love it!!! Here's some pics - they're not the best quality, I had to take them with my phone, my camera cable is missing

The third photo is a toy I got at the vet - it's a perch with a big woven palm circle behind it, covered in shred-able toys! It cost $12 and I think it's the coolest idea! They can stand on the perch and just chew away, though Kaiko likes to climb on top of it

Attachments

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I have three HQ flight cages, one for each of my P'lets -- who have their own room (Spoiled, you say???). They are great cages for the money and my Parrotlets love them!

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah, I don't know who makes this one, but it's the same dimensions as the HQ but it has levels and ladders in it like a mammal cage would, which the linnies love! Our parrotlets are in the same exact cage, and our female loves to run up and down the ladders

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Our birds love that toy with perch, too, Jenny, and, like yours, they think the top and the back are just as fun as the front.

I love the cage.

Reactions: Jenny
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.