Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I’m new to the forums!
My name is Gabby and I own a pair of Chattering Lories named Ivy and Viktor :)
I was taking my Lories to their aviary and I heard a weird whistles coming from a tree
I took a look and saw a bright yellow bird.
I knew it was a cockatiel from the red cheeks and cockatiels aren’t native to anywhere in Asia if I’m correct..
After alot of time I finally manged to lure it with a bunch of seeds (I don’t feed my Lories seeds at all, it’s for the bird feeder) It was very tame and climbed up to my shoulders.
I took it inside and set up a spare cage I had (for emergencies whenever it was too hot/cold for the Lories to be out) it settled right in and took a deep gulp of water,
Poor guy/gal was probably starving, it finished the entire bowl of seeds and took a couple of veggies as well.
I’m guessing it’s a lutino or a lutino pearl cause of the markings
Some photos of my flock!
Bird Beak Macaw Parrot Botany

Bird Beak Plant Macaw Parrot

Bird Plant Macaw Beak Parrot

Bird Hand Macaw Parrot Beak

i’ll take a picture of the cockatiel and set up later since its taking a nap in a spare room

·
Administrator
6,830 Posts
Hello and Welcome to Talk Parrots. Sometimes I think there is a higher power that directs strays or lost animals/birds to new owners. I am glad you found this tiel and got it into a cage to eat and drink and be safe for now.

Perhaps you can find the owner by checking Facebook lost and found animals or your local animal shelters and rescues.

Have fun getting to know this lovely bird. I love the pics of your beautiful lories ... such gorgeous colors!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didn’t show the lories yet because quarantine but they hear him/her and reply back guessing thats a good sign!
I’ll take it yo the get tomorrow to do tests and make sure its fine

1 - 5 of 5 Posts