Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, Its been ages since Ive posted in the forums, been silly busy I must say.

I do have a new addition however, whos name is Iggy. Iggy is a 5 month old lineolated parakeet. We love him to bits although he is VERY afraid of people. I bought him to save him and give him a loving home pretty much, as I think he was being neglected BIG TIME.

Iggy loves to play with his toys and is a big eater:) I do find him to be VERY small in comparison to my other linnies. Like the size of a parrotlet! Hes so tiny, his wings almost seem to large for his body. He also seems a bit lopsided. Like when hes standing straight, it looks like hes leaning to the side. I find it hard to describe. He also seems to have very big eyes, That kind of protrude out, and linnies already have big eyes. I dont know what it is. but hes definately a different looking little guy. I am going to be bringing him to the vet in 2 weeks so Im very curious what everyone has to say about him being so small. He also seems not to perch as well as my others and seems to have an awkward foot. Any ideas or opinions wouldbe appreciated. THANKS. And its good to be back on here.:)

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
:welcome: back! :)

It could be a genetic defect or, if he was severely neglected from a young age, his growth could have been stunted due to malnutrition. It's hard to say without really seeing him and feeling him up, but the vet will be able to tell you for sure. Thank you for saving him :lovehearts: With proper care, nutrition, and plenty of R&R I'm sure he'll thrive!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jenny:),
If had to guess, Id say its a bit of both. I dont think they had the nicest nest box, so I think he may have been trampled. I know he lived in dirty condtions as well and was only fed seed. Sooooo, lol,with all that said, I think its surprsing he survived. I will try to get some good pics, If not just for how cute he is;) Thanks again. I will update after vet visit.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Congrats on getting the little guy, I don't know what to say about his appearance though :( but as long as you love him :thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.