Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope to meet other Quaker Parrot owners and learn more about care & training of young Quakers. My first Quaker Parrot, Chip passed away a week ago, he was 25 years old. I still have my African Grey Parrot, Leah. I am wanting to add a young Quaker Parrot as miss Chip.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx for replying, Nanika, I was hoping someone would chat, what kind of parrots do you have? I live in Alabama, retired. I hope to own another Quaker parrot, as I have a new cage and lots of experience as a parrot owner

·
Super Moderator
6,233 Posts
Hello and welcome to Talk Parrots .... I'm sorry for your loss of Chip , 25 years is a long time to have such a good friend. The fact that Chip lived so long was due to the amazing care you gave to him and all the love as well. I'm happy to hear you want to add a new conure to your life so you can show more love!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello and welcome to Talk Parrots .... I'm sorry for your loss of Chip , 25 years is a long time to have such a good friend. The fact that Chip lived so long was due to the amazing care you gave to him and all the love as well. I'm happy to hear you want to add a new conure to your life so you can show more love!
Thanx, Mr. Peepers, I would like to purchase a blue or green Quaker Parrot. There is a bird fair in Mobile, AL where I live last week of July, hope they have a young Quaker for sale.

·
Super Moderator
6,233 Posts
Thanx, Mr. Peepers, I would like to purchase a blue or green Quaker Parrot. There is a bird fair in Mobile, AL where I live last week of July, hope they have a young Quaker for sale.
Quakers are really cool birds ... I don't know much about them but I love their look and personality. I hope you get the friend who will bring more joy into your life! Good luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quakers are really cool birds ... I don't know much about them but I love their look and personality. I hope you get the friend who will bring more joy into your life! Good luck!
I purchased a 3 month old blue Quaker parrot at the local pet store here in Mobile, AL Monday. He is active & like all Quaker parrots, he loves to eat.. I named him Skye, he is getting comfortable in his cage and learning to step up.

·
Super Moderator
6,233 Posts
I purchased a 3 month old blue Quaker parrot at the local pet store here in Mobile, AL Monday. He is active & like all Quaker parrots, he loves to eat.. I named him Skye, he is getting comfortable in his cage and learning to step up.
Congratulations on your new birb friend! I've been drawn towards quakers recently due to the newer colors they are breeding. I love the traditional blue colored birds but have been really excited seeing some teal or turquoise colored quakers.

I look forward to your posts about Skye and how he's settling in!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Skye is settling in great, in the week since I brot him home he is learning to eat fresh fruit/veggies, to step up, and started chattering & head bobbing. He had a great vet visit for wellness checkup, vet & tech were surprised Skye didn't bite and would step up. He is picture of health weighing 76 grams which is good for his age.

·
Super Moderator
6,233 Posts
He sounds like a great birb ... its wonderful he's reacting so well with you already. You are a great birb mom and have managed to charm Skye into your heart!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts