Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
How beautiful! Great pictures. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have so much to catch up on here! :rofl:

Thanks guys! Jenny, she only has the one trick still, rolling over like a dog. :giggle: I have been trying to do clicker training with her too, but have only just started and it isn
t going too well (she is scared of the clicker), but hopefully with time she will get used to it. :)

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I've been doing clicker training with both my Parrotlet and with Libby, my Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, and it's going very well so far. At first, Libby was afraid of any new thing I showed her, but with five or ten minute training sessions, they both came around and now get all excited when it's time for training!

You might try hiding the clicker behind you until she gets used to it. Make sure the treat immediately follows the click after she does the behavior you want. I used a single hemp seed, quick and easy to eat. They'll do anything for those seeds! Once it "clicked" for Libby and Angelina that when they heard the "click" they got a treat, it was full speed ahead! You could almost see a lightbulb go on over their little feathered heads!

We always do a short training session just before bedtime. It's a great, upbeat way for us to end the day!

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've been doing clicker training with both my Parrotlet and with Libby, my Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, and it's going very well so far. At first, Libby was afraid of any new thing I showed her, but with five or ten minute training sessions, they both came around and now get all excited when it's time for training!

You might try hiding the clicker behind you until she gets used to it. Make sure the treat immediately follows the click after she does the behavior you want. I used a single hemp seed, quick and easy to eat. They'll do anything for those seeds! Once it "clicked" for Libby and Angelina that when they heard the "click" they got a treat, it was full speed ahead! You could almost see a lightbulb go on over their little feathered heads!

We always do a short training session just before bedtime. It's a great, upbeat way for us to end the day!
Thank you so much! I didn't even think to put the clicker behind me. :eek: I will do this and hopefully there might be a change and she will adjust to it. I will start doing it before bedtime too, I have been doing it while she has her out of cage time in the morning, but keeping it very short like you said to do. :)

I do clicker training with one of my Cockatiels and he wasn't even scared of the clicker the very first time! He is really, really good, every time we have a clicker training session, he never plays up and is so behaved.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Gorgeous! Your pictures are really well done! I assume you're using a DSLR right? All of your pics are so clear. Thanks for sharing :biggrin5:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.