Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it normal for a tiel when she's clipped to fly straight up? Then fall down? When she's flighted she flys normal.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Yup most of the clipped birds I have do that. No worries!

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Hmm.. not of mine glide down really. They just hop up and plop down... :giggle:

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Yeah, when they are clipped, they kind of jump up trying to fly but don't go anywhere. That or they try flying off something and mostly fall rather than fly.

And maybe one of your birds is more clipped than the others? I'm not sure, but I don't think it's anything to be too concerned about.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
A properly clipped bird should just glide to the floor without gaining altitude - if they're going up and falling down hard, then they aren't clipped right :/ Falling like that can/will break their keel bone and bruise them

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Mine don't fall hard, they hop up and plop down but not hit hard. They flutter a bit :lol:

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Nope. He's a camelot macaw. Hybrid of a scarlet and a catalina. It's a 2nd generation hybrid :)

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Daisy, do you have a thread that shows all your birds?

Rachel, my clipped parrotlet did the same thing, flew straight up, and down to the ground

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Not all of them because I have SO many outside I don't really bother them with the camera. But there are a few of my inside birds. I made a thread about my latest bird in the smaller parrots section... I think it's called that

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.