Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i've always given the nutriberries popcorn as a treat and I just noticed there was the nutriberries diet with 30 percent pellets so I started feeding them to Delilah and Blue(whos doing well by the way) because Im having a hard time transitioning those two, I still give Deli the seed with ground up pellet on top to get her used to it and they both love veggies, Blue loves all veggies but he's really refusing the pellets so will have to work on that.

My question is what do you all think of the nutriberry diet mix?

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
It's rather popular, at least at the shop I worked at. I like the incorporation of pellets into the berries, and it does give you the best in portion control :giggle: I have heard of concerns regarding the honey and sugars they use to bind the pellets, but I'm not too sure to be honest. I don't see a problem with them but I'm not overly familiar with the ingredients and potential problems therein

·
Registered
493 Posts
My birds won't touch any of the Nutri Berries but if they did I would just use them as a treat.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
I use nutriberries as a treat,... all that sugar can't be good for them... kinda like feeding kids sweetened cereal every meal... not the best diet for them.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
My two get Nutraberries only as a treat.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
I have only used them as treats also, glad to know Blue is okay :D

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Keep in mind, tho, Nutriberries come in 2 forms - the treat form and the daily diet form. One is full of fruit and sugars, one is much more standard with minimal sweeteners and the like. I use the Daily Diet ones as a treat for Moose, he's the only one who eats them and he's pudgy so he doesn't get the Treat ones lol

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thats a very good point about the sweetners I never though about that, Ill just use it to help me transition them make it about a quarter of the diet right now till they get on pellets, thanks alot for the info

·
Registered
212 Posts
I buy the daily diet ones as treats as well. :)

·
Registered
127 Posts
I bought some Nutriberries yesterday as a treat for Gracie. I ate one today because I was curious how it tasted, and it was pretty sweet. The small seeds are hard, but overall the flavor is not bad! :giggle:

·
Registered
519 Posts
I think some might be confusing nutriberries with the new Pellet Berries. The Nutriberries are intended as a treat only. The new line of Pellet Berries are 81% pellet and the rest grains, fruits, and veggies. They come in three sizes and are meant to be a part of the normal diet.
http://www.persnicketyparrot.com/Lafeber-Pellet-Berries-for-Cockatiels-125-Oz-Tub-_p_1998.html
My bird's LOVE them. I have one bird that's very finicky about eating pellets, but she devours these. They seem to be moister than the regular nutriberries too, which I think the bird's find appealing.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
kristen wow 80 percent is awesome those are the ones I want the best I could find was 40 percent for the daily diet, do u have to order yours online?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Mine all love the regular nutriberries, but I bought the pellet berries and they are not as well received. Just not a big hit...usually they are still in the bowls at the end of the day. :(

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
I'm very interested in "Higgins Worldly Cuisines" as well as "Caitec Oven Fresh Bites" (an oven baked avian diet). They look kind of yummy. Does anyone know about those?

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
never heard of them but now I wanna check them out :biggrin5:

·
Registered
519 Posts
I'm very interested in "Higgins Worldly Cuisines" as well as "Caitec Oven Fresh Bites" (an oven baked avian diet). They look kind of yummy. Does anyone know about those?
Abby, I can tell you that Oven Fresh Bites are a huge hit here with my four larger birds. I feed them the medium sized. They love them! Geraldine, who is newest to the flock began eating them within a few weeks after seeing the others enjoy them. The Parrotlets do not like the them, not even the small size. But I find that the XS sized parrots are a bit more finicky about foods in general.

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Abby, I can tell you that Oven Fresh Bites are a huge hit here with my four larger birds. I feed them the medium sized. They love them! Geraldine, who is newest to the flock began eating them within a few weeks after seeing the others enjoy them. The Parrotlets do not like the them, not even the small size. But I find that the XS sized parrots are a bit more finicky about foods in general.
Kristen,
So they are an actual diet? You feed them like you'd feed seeds and pellets to a bird?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.