TalkParrots.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Oh wow! I have always been so interested in kakarikis! So can I ask you a question? Is yours handtame and able to be held and touched? I have heard both sides! I have heard they are stictly a bird to watch and not touch! Kinda like a canary. And I have heard the complete opposite. I have heard they are the sweetest, cuddliest birds and love to be held and touched.

Of course it all depends on the age, handfed or not, handled as a baby or not and history but just wondering about yours!

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mine is hand fed and likes to fly around and sits on you when she wants to she has never ever biten me

·
Registered
509 Posts
Oh wow! I have always been so interested in kakarikis! So can I ask you a question? Is yours handtame and able to be held and touched? I have heard both sides! I have heard they are stictly a bird to watch and not touch! Kinda like a canary. And I have heard the complete opposite. I have heard they are the sweetest, cuddliest birds and love to be held and touched.

Of course it all depends on the age, handfed or not, handled as a baby or not and history but just wondering about yours!
I know someone who owns the cuddliest kakarikis ever!
I suppose it depends on the bird, but I never thought you could really compare them to a canary......

Allen, your kakariki looks so cute! I wish I could get one.
Isn't it strange that I live in the country where kakarikis are from and literally no one sells them!!!!!

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i am getting a breeding pair for $120.00 and since these will not be related i could pull one of there male chicks to pair up with olive and i'll call him popey this other pair are just gorgious

kakari 1.jpg

kakariki 2.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.