Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a box overflowing with toys that I have tried to get Oliver to play with. Some he nudged a few times, most he just ignored. Until yesterday. I went to a local Bird Store that was having a 40% off all toys sale, and picked up a couple.

1 of them shown below is a hit. It has shredded paper, leather strips with bells attached, some plastic colored rings, etc... Oliver has spend hours yesterday and today playing with it. He can get to it from the side, bottom, and from his boing. I am glad I finally found him something he likes and will enjoy.

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
I can picture my birds enjoying that toy, too. Glad you found something your bird actually enjoys.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Glad he likes the toy. Does he like wicker? My grasskeets have all loved wicker, paper shredded like that, and vines. Actually, they like lots of things, but those are always hits.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Glad he likes the toy. Does he like wicker? My grasskeets have all loved wicker, paper shredded like that, and vines. Actually, they like lots of things, but those are always hits.

I have not tried wicker before. The base of this toy is a wicker ring, and he likes to pick at that too. At least now I know what type of toys to get him.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Stanley's favorite toy is just a slip of paper. She LOVES receipts. She loves paper wadded up into little balls, too. However, she does play with all kinds of toys. She likes just about everything. Oliver will play with more things as he develops a broader interest in toys, too.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I bought that shredded paper in a bunch of colors at the Dollar Store. My birds both love that stuff. I add to almost all of their toys - store bought and home made.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
that toy is great! one of my kakarikis would love that

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.