Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the breeder emailed me today while she was on vacation in Mexico she had a good friend watch and take care of her birds and baby birds apparently the lady watching the birds thought the baby ringneck was old enough to be moved to a cage this baby was 6 weeks old and she moved him into a cage with 2 caiques babies that were 4 or 5 months old , the lady left to run some errands and when she came back our baby ringneck was dead the baby caiques killed him , the breeder is very upset about this and she offered to refund my money or move my deposit to a baby blue quaker , I had a feeling something was wrong because she had an add for a baby ringneck that said sale pending then all of a sudden the add was gone which really puzzled me , not sure which way to go here going to talk to hubby tonight and see if he still wants a baby blue quaker , I emailed her back and told her I would let her know , I also tried to call her and she has not called me back yet so waiting for her call to talk to her , I was really looking forward to this baby ringneck :(

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
the breeder finally called me back she is really feeling awful for what happened and so am I but I told her me and hubby decided to go with a baby blue since that was our original plan , she is going to lower the price on the baby blue and we have first priority on a male baby blue so hopefully this will all work out, since she has 4 blues that are 3 weeks old she pulled from the nest box today hopefully one of them is a boy she is going to dna sex them next week and I will know then and she will send some pics then , cross fingers and toes that this will all work out and no more accidents

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
I am sorry to hear of this. I wonder why someone would take it upon herself to move another person's bird? Very strange! I hope everything works out with the quaker.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
I hope everything goes okay, but man this is awful :( terribly sorry about this

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I recieved my deposit back from the breeder yesterday she put it back on my credit card and I have found a new breeder today she has some georgous blue baby quakers so I sent her a deposit on a male baby blue , she also dna tests so hopefully this works out , will put a pic in as soon as I get one , I do have some baby pics she sent me but we don't know yet if any of theese are males , crossing fingers at least one is
heres the pics

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
awh they're gorgeous! I hope everything goes well for you, blue quakers are beautiful

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the reason I want a male is because I already have a little male green quaker I have no intentions on breeding that's why I want a male , no more females allowed in this house lol if I can help it

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Such cute little fuzzies! Ask her to take a video for you of them begging for food - they are absolutely adorable when they "quake" and chatter :lovehearts:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.