Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My young birds are, unfortunately, too much in love - with me :yikes:

Roni is just gross. She wants to regurgitate. Let me tell you, I do everytihng I can to discourage THAT! She went through a very persistent bout of it just a bit ago, but she is better now. She and I can actually interact at times for several minutes before she starts in.

Shira just started her version of it today. She is so darn cute and/or sneaky about it that it is impossible to get upset with her. She just presses her little self against me.

Stanley "hens" and sings in my ear. How can you get upset with that? :shrug:

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Haha, cute. I'm pretty sure my cockatiel has a thing for me, too. :lol: Silly birdies! They need to keep to the same species.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
You try having imprinted birds of prey :lol: You get a head-full of talons and a lot of pain with some giant bird loving the back of your head haha!

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
wow? :lol: not wow! PAIN! hahaha!

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
heeheee that's good xD

·
Registered
103 Posts
My young birds are, unfortunately, too much in love - with me.
I don't know if I'd file this under "love bites" or what, but you seem like you could identify with this:

KRYKKYT has developed a uniquely adept combination of eagle-eye and needle-beak, and has no qualms about utilizing both in conjunction to pick and peck incessantly at a practically microscopic point until it bleeds. Even once things get to that point, she still won't stop, and attempts to distract her from her work meet with temporary success at best. She can relocate a spot the size of a pin-point instantly and get back to digging at it before you're even fully aware she's back at "work"!

I'm beginning to think that she's part mosquito -- or did I not make it clear that it's me and my girlfriend that she does her drilling on? (As far as her own personal grooming habits, she's perfectly normal in all respects...)

Maybe I should add blood oranges to her fruit tray?

- mf

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
None of my birds do exactly that, but sometimes the little ones decide they need to remove skin imperfections. It can be quite shocking, and painful. :yikes:

I know you already told us this in your introduction, but what kind of bird is KRYKKYT?

·
Registered
662 Posts
Remmy my gcc nuzzles my ears and talks real soft to me, scolding me with "right now" and asking "are you alright ". I love it after a long day. He doesn't regurg for me, but its love all the same!

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
:lovehearts:that's so sweet!

·
Registered
103 Posts
I know you already told us this in your introduction, but what kind of bird is KRYKKYT?
A dirty, no-good stool pigeon... no, an unrepentant jailbird... no, a robbin' redbreast... no, a mock-kingbird... no, a nuthatch... no, a bull-finch... no, a soiled dove... no, a lame duck... no, a cold turkey... no, an old crow... no, a cardinal sinner... no, a chicken-hawk... no, an opportunistic sap-suckerer... no, a kine-budded puffin... no, a fake alibi-tross... no, a yellow-bellied grouse... no, I mean she's a "long con"-ure!:shrug:

- mf

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
A dirty, no-good stool pigeon... no, an unrepentant jailbird... no, a robbin' redbreast... no, a mock-kingbird... no, a nuthatch... no, a bull-finch... no, a soiled dove... no, a lame duck... no, a cold turkey... no, an old crow... no, a cardinal sinner... no, a chicken-hawk... no, an opportunistic sap-suckerer... no, a kine-budded puffin... no, a fake alibi-tross... no, a yellow-bellied grouse... no, I mean she's a "long con"-ure!:shrug:

- mf

:rofl::rofl::rofl: too funny! I see you're as bad as me with mock insults with your birds ;) Goober is my turkey butt, my lazy fatty, and my chicken little :yesnod:

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Haha Jenny I love turkey butt :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.