Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Freddie will not eat Pellets for large parrots. He will eat smaller pellets, labelled for Cockateils. I no longer have the packaging, as I always repackage in tupperware and freeze. Are pellets similiar in nutritional make up...

·
Registered
11 Posts
I believe the only difference is the size of the pellet, but a manufacturer's website will give you info on who to contact regarding any questions. Meantime, take the larger pellets, put them into a zip lock bag, and crush them a little so you can still use them up.

nan

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I use Roudybush pellets for both my Parrotlet and my Pineapple GC Conure. The bird shop where I get all my supplies weans all their babies to Roudybush. My avian vet said Roudybush or Harrison's are the best.

The only difference in the Roudybush pellets is the size.. The Parrotlet eats the "mini" size. When I brought Libby home (the Conure), the bird shop gave me mini and medium for her. She kicks them out of her dish immediately, won't eat them! I put them in a baggie and smash them with my meat tenderizer hammer and she gobbles them down! She's a much bigger bird than the Parrotlet, so should be able to eat the larger size, but NO WAY! The next time I buy them for her, I'll get the "crumbles" version -- will be much easier!

They all have their likes and dislikes, I guess! I'll tell you one thing -- ALL three of my dogs love the pellets that fly out of the cage, no matter what size! LOL!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I really should get a dog! Less vacuuming! :rofl:

I've done some checking and apparently the Zupreem brand is actually all the same...just different sizes. :)

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Oh you said it! My Chihuahua, Minnie, should have been named "Hoover"!!

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Daisy likes the pellets for cockatiels best, too. Additionally, the folks at the bird shop told me there is less waste when feeding smaller pellets, anyway, so it seems like a win/win situation to just feed him what he wants.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.