Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know anything about pest control chems. around parrots? I live in an apartment complex with all my fids and they have always sprayed in just the kitchen and the bathroom which hasn't been a problem. I'm about to move to another place and don't know yet how they do things there. Can the spray give off fumes? is it harmful to birds? they say it can't hurt pets but I know how sensitive birds are. I do/will do my best to keep the spraying out of my bird room completely but just so I know CAN there be harmful chemicals from the pest control, I'm really really worried everytime they come, even if they don't go near the bird room, I shut them up and don't open till everything is good and dry. Thanks <><

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Corey,
I believe you are right to be concerned. Is it possible that you can board the birds elsewhere when they are spraying? Will they even tell you they are spraying?

I would be scared to death if I were you, too.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes, they do it the same day every month, but no I don't have anyone to sit them, no one I trust with my birds anyway, hate to say it but it would probably be better to take a chance with the pest control than leave them with family... I think as long as they don't spray in the bird room and just stay in the kitchen and bathroom it should be OK, was just wondering if anyone knew specifically if and what pest control chems. can do to the fids <><

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
I hope everything is okay with that. I'm always nervous that I'll be gone sometime and one of my family members will spray something, light a candle, etc. near my birds while I'm gone or plainly without informing me. They are clueless as to how these things can hurt my birds.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.