Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Something very weird happened last week. I've been looking for a lorikeet friend for Dende (my Scaly-breasted Lorikeet) for a few weeks now. I don't particularly want to go to a breeder and I definitely don't want to buy from a pet shop in my area, so I've been looking in the local classifieds.

Suddenly, out of the blue, my friend from high school (who I haven't seen for months and months) contacted me and asked if I would consider taking in her 2 year old Musk Lorikeet!

Of course I would! :D

She is heading off to university and doesn't want to leave her lorikeet in his cage for 5 days out of 7. She was considering getting him a friend, but she thought he would be better of with someone else who could give him more attention and a friend.

I'll be picking him up tomorrow night. :) His name is Beanie.

Here he is:

·
Registered
340 Posts
Lucky you!!!:):thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Beautiful boy!! The laptop picture made me laugh: all I could think of was how horrible a Lori poop on a laptop would be :rofl:

Congrats on your great find! Dende sure is getting spoiled! :lol:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Given what my Linnie did to my laptop keyboard, I would be afraid to have this laptop in the same house as a Lori. On a stupid note, Lori and Linnie sound like the names of two friends who work in the same hair salon or something.

·
Registered
140 Posts
:mcongratulations: to you and Dende. Isn't fate wonderful? Can't wait for pics.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Beanie is beautiful! I hope the two of them get along! Can't wait to see some pictures of them together after quarentine!

·
Registered
887 Posts
You think one lorikeet is funny, just wait till you see 2 together playing. They can just have so much fun together. Then there are the domestics. They can also play very rough but they seem to enjoy it that way.

You already have learnt why people who have Lories are prepared to put up with their poop and even the odd drop of blood when they get over excited, or if you do the wrong thing, like being late with their food. I think you will find you fall even more in love with Lories.

Good luck with Beanie, he is beautiful. I really like Musks they are lovely.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Given what my Linnie did to my laptop keyboard, I would be afraid to have this laptop in the same house as a Lori. On a stupid note, Lori and Linnie sound like the names of two friends who work in the same hair salon or something.
:rofl: I agree :rofl:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.