Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pickles had a health check & everything seems fine but she hears what may be a small heart murmur. Being he's 79grams, she said it's so hard to diagnos in a small bird so we don't know for sure, this could be a sign of why he has a once in a while weeze sound. Pickles has been tested for the 4 majors so....

He had also been sneezing a little & itching his nares, so I took him in & we found that...everything else appears normal on him, no redenss, no discharge, no water in his abdomen, a sure sign of a heart issue etc. He's active & eats a ton but I'm very upset bc we don't know what's next.

He will be going for more testing if anything changes one bit, he's under a heat lamp to be safe & is on .02 ml twice a day of Baytril. We're starting there & playing it by ear. He's very active, preening himself, no tail bobbing, no open beak breathing. His mouth & all of that is totally normal, no clicking etc....I was up all night just watching him. One sec of change & we will be back to the vet. Just needed to talk about this & all. Sorry if it's choppy or I left out stuff, I am so exhausted....

Worried mom here....

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about Pickles not seeming to be 100%. I have been at the vet today with Ashlynn, so I know how you feel. However, I think I had better news with Ashlynn than you had with Pickles. Please keep us posted.

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
I'm sorry things aren't going well. I'm hoping things get better! Please update when you can. Best of luck, from one birdie mom to another!

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm sorry to hear about Pickles not seeming to be 100%. I have been at the vet today with Ashlynn, so I know how you feel. However, I think I had better news with Ashlynn than you had with Pickles. Please keep us posted.
Thanks Nanay. :lovehearts:

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Pickles could have allergies - Loki gets sneezy sometimes and I've spent lots of money and testing at the vet for her to find nothing and we tried an antihistamine... sure enough? Sneezing stopped :hammer: lol. So it could be something simple, try not to stress too much. Have you been in touch with your breeder about this as well? I know you just got Pickles recently

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
I hope Pickles gets better :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.