Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After buying a caique that loves exotic fruits I've been buying pomgranites which seems to be the favourite, now I've found my other birds enjoy it as well. Only thing what a mess when I'm cutting it up the juice splatters everywhere!:lol:

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
I don't think there's much you can do about it really :p

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
I think all of my birds' absolute favorite treat is pomegranite. The fresh is a huge mess, always. They like the dehydrated, but the fresh is the favorite. They don't get it very often, though. I'm just not into cleaning it up over and over again.

I'm hoping to get an acrylic travel cage for the big birds soon. Maybe it would be easy to clean up inside an acrylic cage, and I will feel like letting them have it more often - but, probably not. :lol:

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Oooh, pomegranate is one of my, and the bird's, favorites. What's really nice with it is you can freeze it, once you get the fruit out, and it thaws out really well so they can get fresh even in the summer :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
One of the owners of the Bird Farm told me that my Sun loves dried fruit. I think she might have also mentioned pomegranate as well, although I haven't tried it. Although, if preparing it makes that much of a mess, I'm not sure how happy my parents will be about it!

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Do it anyways haha!

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
I have not seen you on here in the past month, Spicky, what made you want to come back on?

·
Registered
38 Posts
All my birds love pomegranate, it is the only fruit my picky parrotlets will generally eat! I have a huge quantities of pom seeds frozen in ziploc bags so I can feed them year round!

Yep, they are messy...but so are the blueberries, blackberries, cranberries and beets they eat! Actually, I think the beets make the biggest mess of all

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.