Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put Pumpernickel & Biscotti together! :)
They get along fine, not cuddly, but sit close to eachother & follow eachother around :rolleyes:
Pictures of their meeting.. (Not the best, forgot to change my camera settings :eek:)

Then Afterwards...
Biscotti:

Pumpernickel:

And their cage.. (Perches have been raised :))

And I've added a plate that I put veggies & seed on for them to forage in!
Hopefully soon they will become better friends.. but at least they don't fight!! ;)

·
Registered
160 Posts
What cute little doves!

What nice Diamond Doves. I had them for years and mine were tame like yours.

I had this male in the photo for 15 years! His name was Pecker and he used to attack his reflection in my toaster, hence his name, when I let him out. He fathered many children. I had him from 1982 to 1997, when he finally died at age 15. I never did anything to tame him - he just got friendly on his own and used to like to sit on my arm or shoulder. And he would fly to me when I called him!

Right now I have 4 Ringneck Doves but no Diamonds... but some day I wil have them again!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aw, thats great! :)
I was hoping to possibly breed my two, but I'm not sure if Biscotti is girl or boy :/ So I'll have to wait & see!

Mine were handfed :)

·
Registered
160 Posts
Your photos

Your photos make me miss my Diamond Doves! I never knew anyone tried hand-feeding them - but whatever makes them tamer is worth it. Tame birds get more flight time outside the cage!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats true! :)
The breeder I got them from has sadly sold her two pairs of diamond doves to make room for parrotlets :( But she said they were hard to find handfed!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They are adorable!!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.