Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I filmed Chalkie doing a little bit of practice in the aviary, it's not a good video, but I thought I'd share... by the way it's a tiny bit graphic due to the food he eats!

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlxvMrm-ROE"]YouTube - Super quick falconry practice[/nomedia]

·
Registered
993 Posts
omg he is so beautiful, thats so cute wish I could work with a bird like that. Bet its awesome to watch him fly

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! He's lovely.

Watching him fly properly brings a tear to my eye some times. I can get him to get so high while he I stand beneath him and then I call him down and he drops in at a huge speed. THAT is awesome. And then when we're in the woods, seeing him come from a tree and flying literally inches from the floor towards me is also very much so amazing!

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank you! baby chickens haha

·
Registered
768 Posts
awww little chicks, nope i dont think i could watch that again lol or owning one ha ha your very brave

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
believe me

for years I could never touch the food, I absolutely adore little fluffy chickens, but sadly it's life and it's totally natural, I made the choice and so I have to deal with it. For so long I wouldn't touch them but now I'm used to having to cut them up. Don't worry they're very much so dead when they come to me and they're frozen from when they're hatched... it sounds horrible but sadly nobody needs cockerels

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
neither did I, but it's what I have to do if I wanna work with them sadly :(

·
Registered
993 Posts
I used to daydream about having a hawk or an eagle fly onto my arm from far away when I was in school, gosh it mustbe such a feeling of euphoria when they swoop down like that.,

i understand it must be hard at first but you got think theres much worse ways to go then being frozen like factory farming, being boiled, or Being eaten alive which happens alot in the wild. i dont eat meat but I hafta give it to my cats in there food and Im sure the meat in there was treated worse then the chicks. Sadly I guess this is life but yeah I bet it'd be hard

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
exactly my point, anybody who eats meat too should see no problem in my opinion, it's the same thing either way, if people eat chicken it's the same. I don't eat much meat, I eat quorn but I will eat it if I'm at a meal or something

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Like a substitute for meat. Really healthy too!

·
Registered
993 Posts
awee really I wanna try it I love fake meat I make my own tofurkey for holidays:p

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
that's awesome haha

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yeah sometimes/most of the times I don't feel like meat

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Hey,
I eat meat - no problem. I wouldn't have trouble with frozen baby cockrels. However, I would be scared of the beak and the talons. :eek:

I'm happy for you, though, Daisy, because you seem to really enjoy the birds of prey.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
My arms have their fair share of bumps and bruises from talons and beaks haha! But yes they are pretty scary. My Eurasian eagle owl has feet bigger than my hands!

Thanks nanay :) I really do love them!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.