Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This image comes from my Daily Desktop:

But do you see a chick in that big nest of sticks and brambles?

Reactions: Mr Peepers

·
Super Moderator
6,450 Posts
This image comes from my Daily Desktop:
View attachment 24352

View attachment 24353

But do you see a chick in that big nest of sticks and brambles?
I see no chick .... I only see a senior citizen from Florida hunkered down in that nest. I can tell its a senior by the white cotton ball hair on his or her noggin.

I wonder if its only one chick? Did this cotton ball eat his or her sibling? Brutal nature ain't it?

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I see no chick .... I only see a senior citizen from Florida hunkered down in that nest. I can tell its a senior by the white cotton ball hair on his or her noggin.

I wonder if its only one chick? Did this cotton ball eat his or her sibling? Brutal nature ain't it?
I find it strange that you would come to the conclusion that the little cotton-ball of an eagle chick would have consumed its sibling. It could be that only one chick has hatched and that other eggs are hidden at the bottom of the big gnarly nest. Or only one chick. Period.

I must admit, it took me a double-look to find the little fuzzy white chick in the nest before I posted. J. thought the eagle parents looked disgruntled, intense, and angry -- Just the kind of parents for a fuzzy white chick to look up to. And these birbs are the symbol of the United States of America. I don't think a red maple leaf could look as angry as these two.
Or could he?

·
Super Moderator
6,450 Posts
I find it strange that you would come to the conclusion that the little cotton-ball of an eagle chick would have consumed its sibling. It could be that only one chick has hatched and that other eggs are hidden at the bottom of the big gnarly nest. Or only one chick. Period.

I must admit, it took me a double-look to find the little fuzzy white chick in the nest before I posted. J. thought the eagle parents looked disgruntled, intense, and angry -- Just the kind of parents for a fuzzy white chick to look up to. And these birbs are the symbol of the United States of America. I don't think a red maple leaf could look as angry as these two.
Or could he?
View attachment 24354
Nature is harsh ... but like you said it could be a single egg-chick. The other eggs may not have hatched yet and this dandelion headed baby is really young still. So it could have a chance to eat a brother or sister in time .... heheh

They are angry looking American Icon birbs aren't they? Pisssssed off maybe. Maybe they look pissed off because the baby ate his brother? Or they are looking pissed off because somebirby was suppppose to bring home a rabbit or a goat and they didn't. They were flying around all day doing diddly squat and staring at a hot young eagle girl who lives on the other side of the forest!

You are right Sweet P .... our Canadian Maple Leaf doesn't give off a mean vibe at all.

Or does it????????????????????

Or how about this Angry Leaf?

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nature is harsh ... but like you said it could be a single egg-chick. The other eggs may not have hatched yet and this dandelion headed baby is really young still. So it could have a chance to eat a brother or sister in time .... heheh

They are angry looking American Icon birbs aren't they? Pisssssed off maybe. Maybe they look pissed off because the baby ate his brother? Or they are looking pissed off because somebirby was suppppose to bring home a rabbit or a goat and they didn't. They were flying around all day doing diddly squat and staring at a hot young eagle girl who lives on the other side of the forest!

You are right Sweet P .... our Canadian Maple Leaf doesn't give off a mean vibe at all.

Or does it????????????????????

Or how about this Angry Leaf?

View attachment 24357

Mr. P. you definately got me chuckling with your humorous visual retort!
Angry Leafs aside, Happy Canada Day! I'm wearing red and white today to celebrate.
Hope you're staying cool on this July 1st, 2021. Cheers!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts