Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cant decide what I want I have, narrowed it down to these beautiful birds so I need really detailed information please!

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Unfortunately, I haven't spent much time working with the Red Fronted macaws, but I have worked with Blue-Throated (Caninday) macaws. They are less moody then other species, more petite than a Blue & Gold - just slightly larger than a Severe. I've only worked with 2 babies who were hand-fed and raised by myself and the rest of the pet shop staff and sold quickly so we only worked with them until they were weaned. Very sweet, easy going birds! I hope that helps

Attachments

·
Registered
131 Posts
I think that red-throated macaws are more readily available than the blue-throated.

Personally, I'm more drawn to the blue-throats but that is just because I find blue parrots visually appealing.

That said, I've always heard good things about red-throated macaws.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
I've seen many blue-throated macaw babies come through the bird store I frequent. All have been sweet. I've heard nothing but good things about them.

I've actually not ever seen a red fronted macaw, but I know of one who is owned by a fellow who seems to be able to handle any macaw he sees well. He says it is the best macaw he's been around, and he seems to know a lot about macaws.

I think both are great birds in general.

I guess that doesn't help much, but it seems either choice would be good.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
I do know people with red-fronted macaws and they seem like absolutely lovely birds. Very cute and cuddly and as Eliza said they are very visually appealing, but still I find the red-fronts stunning. I would look more into personalities if I were you :)!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.