Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not sure I am getting worried because he is doing this over and over every time I hold him. I caught him doing it here by himself. Is he regurging to show his love or vomiting?
Here is a video

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qqCdSpWSqE"]YouTube- VIDEO0007.3gp[/nomedia]

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
unfortunately, regurg and vomiting look the same, they're just done for different reasons... is he actually bringing up food when he does this? Do his poops look normal? It could just be that spring is in the air, and hormones are raging

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
sounds like standard breeding behavior - so you'll want to discourage it, if possible. if it keeps going, it can lead to sexual frustration and aggression/possessiveness. Sunny's aren't known for getting aggressive towards their chosen person, but they definitely get super clingy and possessive :giggle:

·
Registered
662 Posts
Yes it is regurgitating. Vomiting they will fling their head sideways back and forth to get the yuckies out. I have a one legged budgie that regurges for his toy every day. He lives alone so he loves this toy. He is healthy, just a bit into himself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.