Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My boy Remmy laid his first egg today. He and Tuco are guarding it with their lives. Yes I know, Remmy is a girl. As you all can tell I am in shock. They will be getting a box this afternoon.:eek:

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
well, erm, congrats!? haha!

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
great news :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Awhh bless. At least she's doing her job

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
TheBratpack, Remmy is a green cheek conure. Her mate Tuco, is a black cap conure. They are inseperable. As of tonight still only two eggs. I can see she is awaddling so another is due tomorrow.
We also have a clutch of cockatiel babies in the box, four to be exact!

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
All this time I thought Remmy was a cockatiel, too. I'm glad the question was asked.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's ok, I do have a lot to choose from. We are not breeders and really don't want more birds right now. We couldn't watch Remmy keep laying eggs that broke on the cage floor while she sat on them. So they have a nice box and are taking care of business. I am sure we will keep one of Remmy's babies though. My little man is a girl, so in for a penny.....

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
I hope to see some pictures of these chicks

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I can get pics of the baby cockatiels, but Remmy and Tuco are in attack mode all the time. I don't think we will be able to get very close to the babies. These two were very tame and friendly.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
That's fine! I'm sure you will take some for us at some point! I hope they're doing well

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Right now they are sitting on three eggs! I am messing with the cage and box more so they get used to it. I want to be able to see and hold the babies once they arrive. We may have to take the box out and leave the parents in in order to handle them. Those two are vicious.:yikes:

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
I can imagine they are! Watch your hands haha! I only just realised that the babies will be hybrids... that's so cool. I cant wait to see these little chickies

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yes hybrids. I don't think its a really great idea, although I was told it can happen. So no breeding for the babies. But it will be interesting to see how it all turns out.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Yeah I understand, I have no issues with hybrids but I understand not breeding their chicks

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.